Puerto Varas Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Puerto Varas

Colonos de Chamiza: Tomar "once" en Chamiza

by elpariente Updated Apr 4, 2011

Una taza de té o café, pancitos calentitos con mantequilla, cecina , queso , mermelada o paté son ingredientes imprescindibles para tomar una rica “once , que aunque parezca raro se toma entre las 16 y las 20
    El origen de esta frase es que antiguamente, a las once de la mañana, muchos trabajadores se tomaban un descanso para en comer unos pancitos y acompañarlos de un “taquito” de aguardiente
    En la casa de la familia Berndt , descendientes de los colonos alemanes además de lo imprescindible nos dieron todo tipo de kuchen y tortas caseras , nos contaron sus historias y nos dieron un trato excelente
    A cup of tea or coffee , small hot breads with butter , "cecina"(dried meat), cheese , jam or paté are the necessary ingredients to take a tasty "once" , that may be unusual but they take it between the 16 and 20h
    the origin of this phrase is that in he old days , at eleven (once) in the morning , many workers had a break to eat some small breads with a "taquito" of fire water
    In the house of the Berndt family , descendants of German settlers besides the "necessary" they gave us all kind of home made kuchen and cakes , they told us their stories and gave us an excellent treatment

• Jontxu's Profile Photo

No matter where, eat local fish!: Congrio!

by Jontxu Written Jun 22, 2007

Wherever you go in Puerto Varas for lunch or dinner I strongly recomend to eat congrio, it´s a local fish, white fish with firm flesh, veeeeeeeeery fresh, I liked to eat it grilled, it was so nice... the whole region is famous for its fisheries, so eat as the locals do!!

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Club Yeats: Linger in this Lovely Lake District Eatery

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Apr 7, 2007

Looking from the inside out

Club Yeats is a restaurant that nestles picturesquely right on the lovely shores of Lake Llanquihue, Chiles largest lake.

I visited as part of a trip arranged by our cruise and I must say they chose very well.

As we dismounted the bus it was pouring rain and we ran into the shelter of the restaurant. I was immediately stunned by the elegance of this large establishment with its polished wood floors and enormous floor to ceiling windows looking out at every possible angle onto the lake.

Glasses of pisco sour sat at every place setting and I sipped this lemony aperitif as I indulged in my picturesque surroundings.

A wooden deck surrounds the entire building and I braved the weather to walk around it and photograph the beautiful little town and the boats on the lake. I can only imagine the beauty on a sunny blue skied day!

Tip not finished.

Favorite Dish: The food was gorgeous too.

There was a set menu, but the restaurant proved to be very flexible when some of the diners expressed having food allergies.

I started with a tasty spicy chicken salad, followied with the most delectable salmon. I am quite sure that it was wild salmon and not the less tasty farmed salmon. Indeed, I have since learned that this area is infamous for terrific salmon. This was served with fresh vegetables, all well presented.

Wine was served throught the meal and they kept topping up the glasses.

This was followed by coffee and some dessert (which I can't recall, except that it was good).

There was live music throughout and the staff kept asking us if we were alright or did we want anything else.

All this, and an amazing view.

I'd love to go back sometime and order from the menu, perhaps even stay longer and sit on that deck in the sunshine.

• Cruise

Caleta de la arena

by elpariente Written Apr 1, 2007

En Caleta de la Arena nos comimos unas empanadas fritas de Pino y de queso , sentados en la terraza y viendo el mar , que estaban buenísimas
    In Caletta de la Arena we had some fryed "empanadas" of "Pino" and cheese , in the terrace looking the sea , that were very good

• elpariente's Profile Photo

La Olla: " Pescadito " " Fish "

by elpariente Updated Mar 28, 2007

Llegamos de Argentina con ganas de probar pescado y marisco y fuimos a "La Olla" que nos había recomendado un amigo de VT y la verdad es que nos gustó mucho la mariscada , el caldillo , congrio en salsa...
    We arrived from Argentina wishing to have seafood and fish and we went to "La Olla" that a VT friend had recommended and really liked to us the seafood plate , the "caldillo" , the conger ell with sauce...

Donde Gordito: Pescado y marisco

by elpariente Updated Mar 28, 2007

En el centro de Puerto Varas al lado de la gasolinera del mercado está "Donde el Gordito"
    Esta dirección nos la dieron en España y la verdad es que no nos perdimos y además acertamos ya que comimos un pescado y un marisco estupendos
    In Puerto Varas center , besides the petrol station and the market is "Donde el Gordito"
    They gave us these instructions in Spain and the true is that we did not loose and besides we went to the right place as we had great food and seafood

• DAO's Profile Photo

PARRILLA 'CARLOS': COOKED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

by DAO Updated Feb 5, 2007

All the food is cooked on fresh coals and everything tastes delicious! Definitely a steak lovers restaurant. The service is friendly and fast and the prices are much cheaper than other restaurants in town. The main waiter is very friendly and his facial expressions are good eneough reason to visit. The chef cooks delicious food right in front of you.

Favorite Dish: They have a mixed grill and it is brought to your table in a tray thay has hot coals underneath. A little under done? Just let it simmer a while. They happily substitute different meats to make the dish the way you like.

• Veghel's Profile Photo

Cabanas del Lago: Very high quality and atmosphere

by Veghel Updated Jun 4, 2006

The restaurant of Cabanas del Lago is a must-do. The quality of the food is very high, the atmosphere great and the staff very friendly. The views on the lake, mountains and the city of Puerto Varas changed from minute to minute, and add to the atmosphere. On some nights, the restaurant provides live (piano) music.

Favorite Dish: The steaks were great, but I can't tell you anything negative of any of the dishes that my wife and I had during our three-day stay!

• jghpmontt's Profile Photo

Dino´s: to begin

by jghpmontt Written May 24, 2006

This restaurant and cafe is very knowed. Is a chains restaurant but very good for the begining. Very clean and safety

Instant Answers: Puerto Varas

Comments

Puerto Varas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto Varas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Varas sightseeing.