Arica Restaurants

careful!!
    by jlvillalba

Best Rated Restaurants in Arica

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo

Maracuya: Seafood yes, Spectacular No!

by BorderHopper Written Jan 18, 2009

We had heard about this so called fancy seafood restaurant in a Lonely Planet guidebook and since we were craving some good seafood after earlier inland travels throughout South America we figured this would be a good bet. It turns out that it was pretty good....but not spectacular. Our plates were not that impressive, but in all fairness is was tasty. I guess the price was a bit inflated for what we got.

Favorite Dish: The ceviche was very good. If your used to the Mexican version of Ceviche you'll really notice the difference with the Chilean version. It's good....but different.

• chancay's Profile Photo

Bar Restaurant YURI

by chancay Written Apr 8, 2005

A nice place, very clean, small tables, relaxed ambience.

Favorite Dish: FISH, SEAFRUITS!! endless!! The fish soup I had first was already enough at all, but I had already ordered a second dish, another fish menue and that was such a big plate full....I almost fainted of a proteine shock ;-P

• I_clavdivs's Profile Photo

21de Mayo: We went twice!

by I_clavdivs Written May 18, 2003

Service, food and attitude were all very good. As we have found in all Chilean resteraunts, they were able to cater for children.

Favorite Dish: Any of them. My husband ate the seafood and I stayed with the chicken. The kids had steak and chips. We all ate everything!

• APaulo's Profile Photo

The 21 or the Rey del Marisco: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by APaulo Written Feb 1, 2005

The 21 is located on the main commercial street. The other one is an old restaurant, but the kind of one that you think more than 3 times before you get in, not because of the price but because of how it looks like.
    I thought more than 3 before i decided to seat or not. But the food is ok.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Archeology
    • National/State Park

• El Arriero: Another Great Restaurant In Arica

by wrjones Written Jan 29, 2004

While walking along the pedestrian only (no cars) section of 21 de Mayo, we found this restaurant. We were very leery of it because of a big sign on the street in English. They were obviously trying to cater to tourists. Pending starvation dictated that we give it a try.
    We were delighted to find a large restaurant with excellant food, very attentive service, a waiter who spoke some English and an extensive menu. Most of the people there were indeed tourists.
    My wife went with the chicken and mushroom sauce (again) and I had steak with a sauce containing union, leeks and bell pepper. Both meals were very tasty. The food was quickly prepared. I was actually asked how I wanted my steak cooked. This was the only time I was asked this in 6 weeks of travel through Chile and Argentina.
    The two meals plus two beers and two cokes was $20 before the tip.

Favorite Dish: What we had was all good.

Instant Answers: Arica

Comments

Arica Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Arica restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arica sightseeing.