Marina Arauco Mall
This is Viña's only shopping mall. It has 2 department stores and quite a lot of other stores. Most of the people in Viña shop in this place. Is ideal for buying music, clothes and electronics. Not a great idea for buying artcraft.
If you want to buy local artcraft, there are several places where you can go:
1. Next to the Muelle Vergara, on the weekends, you'll find plenty of kiosks that are next to the beach, where they sell plenty of artcraft.
2. Quinta Vergara: inside the Quinta (look at the travel tip to know where it is), on the months of January and February (summer), you'll find a big artcraft exposition, where you'll find small things and even some furniture!
3. Downtown: on Calle Valparaiso, Vi?a's main street in the downtown area, there are 2 artcraft galleries. One is right on the calle Valparaiso, near Etchevers st., and the other is on Quinta st., which is one of the street that crosses Valparaiso st.
What to buy: In Vi?a del Mar, and Chile itself, ask for the INDIO PICARO. It's a funny wooden statue of an indian. It has a little twist, but check it out yourself. It's a fine souvenir.
What to pay: Most artcraft expositions are quite cheap. But buy artcraft in these particular expositions and not at the shopping mall. They'll be much more expensive there.
Los Dominigos: HAND MADE GOODS
This area is close to Santiago. The shop owners are the makers of the crafts they are selling
What to buy: Hand made things out of Lapis and wool.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates