Santa Cruz Favorites

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Our Road Trip

by kiwigal_1 Written Feb 9, 2007

The girls!

Fondest memory: The first time I came to Santa Cruz I was doing a bit of a road trip with my friends and we rented a car in Santiago and drove south. We rented it during the "Dieciocho" holidays which is around the 18th September. There were lots of people selling Chilean flags so we bought a couple to adorn our vehicle - meet "Bill and Ted".... I still have Bill and Ted although they are quite dusty and a little tattered after flapping in the wind at 100 kms per hour (or more...) hehe... ahhh it was fun!

• Women's Travel

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

by kiwigal_1 Written Feb 8, 2007

Santa Cruz Plaza

Favorite thing: The plaza of Santa Cruz, like most colonial towns in South America, is the focal point of the town. The Santa Cruz plaza is a haven of trees on a hot day. A good place to chill out and watch the world go by.

• Work Abroad

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo

Getting to Santa Cruz...

by Aquamantos Written Jun 23, 2003

Getting to Santa Cruz, Chile

Favorite thing: The landscapes you see before getting to Santa Cruz are just beautiful.....the Andes mountain looks so pretty with snow..........

Fondest memory: Simply watching the green-blue landscapes.............and if you're lucky, you can watch an amazing sunset with the Andes in the backround....I saw one.....but I was in the car and I couldn't stop to take a pic........but the image is still in my mind ;o)

• Aquamantos's Profile Photo

Traditions

by Aquamantos Written Jun 23, 2003

A bootblack in Santa Cruz, Chile.

Favorite thing: It's very common to see bootblacks in the streets of each town. Their boothes depends on their needs, I have seen some in other cities and they just have a chair and their tools.
    It rains a lot in Santa Cruz during Winter, that's why this guy in the pic needs a roof ;o)

Fondest memory: I like to see these guys shining others shoes, like in the past.....

Instant Answers: Santa Cruz

Comments

Santa Cruz Favorites

Reviews and photos of Santa Cruz favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Cruz sightseeing.