Medellín Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Medellín

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Orientation in Medellín

by Trekki Updated Apr 30, 2007

Favorite thing: I had a scan of LP’s map in here and I didn’t want me or VT run into trouble with the masters, so now an image of (allowed) GE.

Río Medellín divides the city in two parts, the town centre is located east, airport southwest. And Pueblito Paisa is located a bit north of the airport.

Fondest memory: Haha, while writing this, I realise that I must advise you to listen to Latin music while driving through Medellín. I just remembered how we drove up to Pueblito Paisa, with my dear colleagues Pablo and Maria Cristina, listening to music. Pablo is the everpresent Pablo here in my Colombia pages, the very best Salsa and Cumbia dancer of all galaxies. Driving with him in the car is like being in a salsateca – nothing prevents him and his passengers from dancing while driving.

And we listened to… haha, not Colombian music as it should be, but to Brazilian one that day. This is how I got to know the song “Carrapicho”.
    And for all of you who are like me, where Latin music shots directely into heart and blood and soul – here is the link to this song from youtube:

Carrapicho

My god, how I miss my Colombian colleagues !

Medell��n on GE

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

Coltejer building

by MrRandMcnally Updated Oct 18, 2014

Favorite thing: The funky looking building that dominates the skyline is the Coltejer building, the headquarters for the Colombian textile industry. The building was designed to look like a neadle.

The Neadle building

Instant Answers: Medellín

Comments

Medellín Favorites

Reviews and photos of Medellín favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Medellín sightseeing.