Medellín Nightlife

• La_negra's Profile Photo

Liverpool and Primavera: Drinks with friends

by La_negra Updated Apr 4, 2011

Liverpool British Bar

In my never ending search for the perfect apple martini, I've been hitting a couple of bars around lleras and so far these two have definitely caught my eye.

First we have Liverpool british bar. Just about two blocks away from Parque Lleras, the fairly new location for this great somewhat veteran bar, is adorned with all kinds of rock memorabilia. They have something different going on almost every night of the week, with live bands, video concerts, guest dj's and even movies.
    Me?, I like 80's night, I like it 'cause it takes me back to a simpler time, when I didn't have to work or worry about paying taxes, when my hair had a life of its own and rockstars wore more make up than supermodels....ahhh the good old days.

Now the second bar actually opened about a month ago, and I had the pleasure of being at the inaguration party, the owner, a touring bike aficionado, told me he wanted to have a bar where he and his fellow riders could simply chill, and so, Primavera was born.
    He (the owner) supervised every little detail, and made a place where he would want to spend time, and quite honestly he did just that.
    My friends and I sit there for hours, we have a bite to eat from their great menu, we have a couple of drinks and we talk ourselves silly.

Dress Code: Take a shower, put some deodorant on, and get dressed!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Parque Lleras: Some of Medellín's Best Nightlife

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 6, 2010

El Poblado neighbourhood is one you'll most probably want to visit at night. The centre of the action is around Parque Lleras, an area that is also known as the Zona Rosa. Surrounded by enchanting sidewalk cafés, open-air restaurants, bars, clubs and discos, it is a nice place to walk around and people watch. Restaurants in Parque Lleras offer a variety of international cuisine as well typical Colombian dishes. There you also find café Juan Valdez, a great place to enjoy a delicious cup of Colombian coffee or your favourite coffee drink.

After dusk the party begins, there is music from all tastes, from reggae, rock, salsa and vallenato. The area is interesting any night of the week although Thursday, Friday and Saturday are far more lively. There are places, mostly electronic music venues, open until 6:00 or 7:00am.

This is a very safe area for the night clubbing. Unfortunately, I did not experience much of it because of the flu that I had during all my stay. But since it was just around the corner from Hostal Tamarindo, I had a coffee few times in my favourite café Juan Valdez, and then one evening a delicious mango juice in one of those funky bars.

• Wine Tasting
    • Music

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

Las Palmas or Parque Lleras

by MrRandMcnally Written Dec 28, 2006

The two big centers of nightlife in Medellin are Las Palmas and Parque Lleras. The big difference as I see it is mobility. All the bars on Las Palmas are spread out along a steep hill so you are kind of stuck at one place if you are without transportation. But then again, who cares if it's a good place.

The other option is Parque Lleras where all the places are close together and easy to walk to. Parque Lleras does have a younger crowd, for better or for worse, and you can expect people sitting out on the curb drinking.

Instant Answers: Medellín

Comments

Medellín Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Medellín nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Medellín sightseeing.