Santa Fe Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Alejo: Lunch in Santa Fe de Antioquia

by MalenaN Written Sep 14, 2008

Lunch

First I went to Restaurante Portón del Parque, a restaurant in a colonial house that was recommended in my guidebook. It was just after 12 o’clock when I came there and it was not open, so I went back to a restaurant, Alejo, I had passed by earlier. There was a cheap set menu of the day (comida corriente) for 6000 pesos (July 2008). First I got potato soup and a juice. On the main plate there was meat (I think it was tongue), rice, platano and salad. I think there was supposed to be beans as well, but I always say I don’t want to have that.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Jugos Budapest: Two Glasses of Juice for One Serving

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 18, 2010

Did it ever happened that you ordered a drink and then two glasses of drink appeared on your table? It happened to me in Santa Fe de Antioquia, in a place called Jugos Budapest. What a surprise! I thought that the waitress misunderstood, thinking of somebody else was coming to join me. But not! I soon noticed that other guests also got two glasses of juice. I have no idea if it was the custom in Santa Fe de Antioquia or just in this place. Anyhow, an excellent idea! Oh, I never have enough of these delicious fruit juices in Colombia, such a good refreshment on a hot day!

Jugos Budapest is an ordinary local fruteria. As the name suggests, the place specializes on freshly made fruit juices and salads. You can also get a few kinds of local breads/pastries. The place is quite small, it only has three tables. In December, when I visited, it was decorated with a small Christmas tree, the image of Santa Claus and various adornments on the walls.

Favorite Dish: No visit of Santa Fe de Antioquia is completed without getting a taste of its popular sweet and sour fruit tamarindo, so I did not think twice to decide what I was going to drink. Somehow unusual taste, but quite nice and refreshing. And it was only 2.000 COP (December 2009).

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

El Mesón de la Abuela: Cosy Ambience of a Lush Garden Patio

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 19, 2010

cosy ambience of El Mes��n de la abuela

El Mesón de la Abuela is a welcoming little hospedaje with six rooms, including a six bed dorm, set in an old colonial house with a lush garden patio. Each room has private bathroom, ceiling fan and TV. Downstairs, in a lush garden patio, you find a very charming restaurant. What was so special about it are various collections of old things on the walls, such as old pictures, transistor radios, clocks, irons, keys, leather bags and various utensils. There were a lot of plants and even palm trees, a nice place to have dinner in the shadow of this green surroundings.

The restaurant is open daily from 9:00am to 8:00pm and the accommodation 24 hours a day.

more pics in the travelogue

Favorite Dish: They offer variety of meat and fish dishes. I opted for sancocho de pescado, a traditional Colombian soup (stew) made with fish, along with large pieces of plantain, potato and yucca. It was served with rice, mixed salad and a small arepa. Together with a glass of mandarin juice the bill came to 12.000 COP. It was a good lunch, especially the fish was nicely soft and absolutely delicious.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Santa Fe

Comments

Santa Fe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Santa Fe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Fe sightseeing.