Santa Fe Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Santa Fe

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

From Medellín to Santa Fe de Antioquia and Back

by mircaskirca Updated Apr 4, 2011

Terminal de Norte in Medellín is located 3 km north of the city centre, and it serves the north coast and surrounding towns, including Santa Fe de Antioquia. I only made a day trip so I left the hostel early in the morning. I walked to Poblado metro station and took a metro to Caribe station which is connected to the bus terminal.

There is a good and frequent bus service between Medellín to Santa Fe de Antioquia and also busetas (minibuses). Two companies run buses from Medellín to Santa Fe de Antioquia, Gómez Hernández and Sotraurabá. I bought the ticket at Sotraurabá office and it was 9.500 COP (December 2009). The bus left in 15 minutes so there was just enough time to take a quick coffee. The journey took about 1,5 hours. From the bus terminal in Santa Fe de Antioquia a short walk uphill from the main road took me directly to Plaza Mayor, the main square, from where I started to explore the town.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Medellín to Santa Fe de Antioquia and back

by MalenaN Written Sep 14, 2008

Calle 11

The buses to Santa Fe de Antioquia leaves from Terminal del Norte. As I was only making a daytrip to Santa Fe de Antioquia I took an early morning bus. The bus left at 7.15 and the ticket was 9000 pesos.
    After a while we turned to a road where I saw a sign saying “Tunnel closed”. We continued a while and then we came to the closed tunnel, where we had to turn around. Now we had to take the old road over the mountains. The chauffer asked the passengers which road to take and we went past the small town San Cristobal. Along the road the mountain sides were steep and there had been some landslides (that’s probably why the tunnel was closed). After 2 hours and 45 minutes we arrived in Santa Fe de Antioquia. The bus terminal is situated only two blocks from Plaza Mayor.

When I arrived back to the terminal after visiting Santa Fe de Antioquia there was almost an hour until the next bus left, but there was a colectivo (shared taxi) only missing one passenger (excluding me). I took the colectivo which cost 13 000 pesos. This time the tunnel was open (before the entrance you could see that there had been landslides as there was earth on the road) and it took only 1 hour and 10 minutes to reach Terminal del Norte in Medellín.

Instant Answers: Santa Fe

Comments

Santa Fe Transportation

Reviews and photos of Santa Fe transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Fe sightseeing.