All of the warnings listed on my Colombia page also apply in Cartagena.
However, this town is one of the safest in the country and even walking around the old city at night by yourself (remember though that I'm a guy, I'm 6'2 and weigh over 200lbs!) is perfectly safe.
Cartagena, a safe place to stay.
Everybody knows, colombians as well as tourists, that unfortunately Colombia has problems with guerrillas and cocaine cartels, but tourists have to know that Colombia has lovely beaches and cities and nice people too.
You just come to Cartagena, it's one of the best places in the world. If you come here, you'll be happy, you'll be relaxed because you are in paradise. Here as everywhere in the world there are dangerous places, so it's necesary that you take care.
Some precautions you should consider are:
- If you take a taxi, don't take it at the street bacause it may be that the driver will tray to rob you with ýýEl paseo millonarioýý. This is when you get into a taxi and after a few minutes and other man gets into the taxi and tells you tha you have to give him your devito cards and money, when they have taken your things they leave you in a remote place. But, donýt worry, this doesnýt to need live you, if you call phone to the taxisý company, the driver will get arrive to your hotel and heýll take you where you want.
- Donýt walk alone in the night in dark strees bacause you could have a bad experience, it would be better if you walk with your partner or a close friend then, the nigth will be a lot of safer.
- Donýt wear expensive items of clothing or carry pricey cameras or handbags because, this will increase your chance of being robbed. You should leave yours expensive item s in a safe place in the hotel.
Well, world wide there are dangerous, you just have to enjoy your holiday in our beatiful city, taste our delicious foods, refreshing a beer, and for your relax, drink a exquisit cup of coffee.
Cartagena: you must go with company at night
Cartagena it's a romantic place at night. Most of the people like to walk along the avenue by the beach. If you want to enjoy your walk, we recomend that you always go with your family, your friends or a guide. If you get lost, go inmediatly to find a policeman, he can give you help anytime.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices