Manizales Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Las Vegas

by MalenaN Updated Oct 31, 2008

Fruit salad at Las Vegas

After visiting the cathedral and Gold Museum I wanted to have a fresh fruit salad. Next to Pompy’s, where I had had lunch, there was a place selling pastries and fruit salads. I went in and asked for a fruit salad. I said I only wanted to have fruits, not cheese or the sweet milk they so often add to the fruit salads in Colombia.
    Well, the fruit salad was a bit of a disappointment as there was very much pineapple (and that’s the fruit I like least) and not only fresh pineapple. There was also bits of sugary pineapple, something I did not want to have.
    The fruit salad was 5000 Pesos (July 2008).

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Pompy

by MalenaN Written Oct 14, 2008

Rollo de Pollo

I had arrived to Manizales before lunch, left my luggage at the hostel and went in to the city for lunch and sight-seeing. I looked for a nice place with comida corriente (cheap set meal). I couldn’t find anything else than fast food places and went to Pompy’s, which had a sign outside for the lunch offer: Rollo de Pollo for 7400 pesos (July 2008). Pollo is chicken so I hoped it would be good, but got disappointed when it turned out to be slices of a big chicken sausage with vegetables in it. I did not like the “Rollo the Pollo”, but everything else was good; the soup, salad, rice, platano and juice.
    At Pompy’s they have other chicken meals that look better and also delivery.

Instant Answers: Manizales

Comments

Manizales Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Manizales restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manizales sightseeing.