Manizales Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Manizales from Salento

by MalenaN Written Oct 8, 2008

Laguna Negra

There are not as many buses from Salento to Pereira during the week as there are during the weekend. I made sure the day before that I knew when they were leaving in the morning. There was a bus leaving the square at 8.30 and a few minutes after I stopped it at the corner near the fire station. The ticket was 4700 pesos (July 2008) and the journey to Pereira took one hour. In Pereira I bought a ticket with the company Empresa Arauca to Manizales. It was leaving within 10 minutes and the ticket was 8000 pesos. There were road construction going on along the road and it took 1,5 hours to Manizales. From the terminal in Manizales I took a taxi with taximeter to Mountain House hostel and it was 5100 pesos.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Manizales to Medellín

by MalenaN Written Oct 7, 2008

Along the way

If you are staying at Mountain House in Manizales you can take a bus to the terminal, but as it was the time when people went to work and I had a lot of luggage I decided to take a taxi instead. The taxi had a taximeter and it was 5120 pesos to the terminal. At the terminal I bought a ticket for MedellĂ­n with the company Empresa Arauca. The bus was leaving at 8.30 and the ticket was 29 500 pesos (July 2008). For the first part of the journey the driver was driving very fast, so fast that it was impossible to read a book. The later part of the journey went over the mountains and then we slowed down because of all the lorries, road construction and curves in the road.
    After 4 hours and 45 minutes we arrived to the southern bus terminal, Terminal del Sur. I was going to Hotel Capitolio more in the north and looked for a taxi. I realised I had taken a taxi on the wrong side of the terminal because as it passed the main entrance of the terminal the taximeter already showed some thousand pesos. For the taxi to the hotel I paid 8000 pesos.

Instant Answers: Manizales

Comments

Manizales Transportation

Reviews and photos of Manizales transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manizales sightseeing.