Music, Bogotá

Carrera 8 No. 18-81, local 207 1 284 20 73

Know about this? Rate It!

Antonio (phoning for my CDs) and Donna
    by mircaskirca
    Antonio and Donna
    by mircaskirca
  • mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Beatles Abbey Road: Best Place to Buy Music

by mircaskirca Updated Aug 9, 2011

Antonio (phoning for my CDs) and Donna

I was very happy when Donna brought me to the excellent Beatles Abbey Road music shop. It is conveniently located, just one block from the busy Carrera 7, in a small shopping centre dedicated only to music. It has a very good selection of all musical genres, from Colombian, Brazilian, Cuban and jazz to classic rock and metal. The owner Antonio is very knowledgeable and nice guy. And as the name of the shop suggests, he loves the Beatles.

I had a huge list of Colombian music that I wanted to buy. Most of them were available and only a couple of titles that were out of stock. Antonio kindly phoned to another shop and ask his son to bring them for me, so I did not need to look around. He also recommended some other musical names and let me listen to all the CDs. Of course I ended up buying most of them and he gave me great discount :)

I visited the shop again during my last visit of Bogotá. Antonio was also going to attend Feria de Cali as music collector. We were supposed to meet but unfortunately we missed. I returned to his shop a day after my departure to buy some new Colombian music. It took me the whole afternoon to listen to all the music he recommended. We talked about music and found we had quite similar taste. He was very pleased with Slovene music that I brought, something that he never listened to before. I also met his sons who help him in the shop. Time passed quickly and suddenly it was time to close the shop. Again, I bought a lot of CDs and got discount. As a present Antonio gave me mp3 Gozando en Cali with enough (salsa!) music to listen on the plane, all the way from Bogotá to Paris. He kindly offered to bring me with his car to Platypus. Thanks so much dear Antonio!! :)

What to buy: music CDs, LPs, DVDs, posters, T-shirts, baseball caps and others music-related items

What to pay: CDs are about half cheaper than in Europe

• Music