Horseriding, Bogotá

Know about this? Rate It!

folks tired after coming back
    I am coming slowly behind
  • Horseriding

Horseriding off the city of Bogota 3

by travelife Written Jun 2, 2005

Though I was little scared since I haven tried for many many years the people I met that day made it quite easier for me. Just a few of their ongoing conversation.

'Give him a gentle horse, he is new (in Spanish)'

'Reza, you are leaning a bit right, you may fall down'

'Give your camera to me, I put it in my jacket and then you get stronger hold of your horse'

'When you go downhill lean back and keep your feet forward'. Be careful you are approaching a highway'.

----and so on...

Horseriding off the city of Bogota 4

by travelife Written Jun 2, 2005

I was given a 'gentle horse' but what I found out that it was quite crazy and when it understood that I am new it did not want to listen to me anymore on the way back home. While crossing the highway watching the trucks I tried all my force to stop it. Otherwise it would have killed me.

Horseriding off the city of Bogota 5

folks tired after coming back

Having said all that it would remain a memorable experience for a while. All I did was being careful and getting scared of seeing the sudden steep slope of the hill while the horse was running. By the way, my no jacket and just t-shirt wasn that bad I am used to the Danish wind much worse than this. But don forget your jacket anyway.

• travelife's Profile Photo

Horseriding off the city of Bogota

by travelife Written Jun 2, 2005

Its quite common among floks living in Bogota to go out during the weekend for horseriding off the city of Bogota on the foothills of Colombian Andes. You may see sign of them if you go outisde the city. We tried one in La Callera.

Horseriding off the city of Bogota 2

I am coming slowly behind

After experiencing humid warm weather in Havana and mild warm weather in Caracas, I just did not realize its late autumn in Bogota and its cold after dark. So I was out with only my t-shirt on.

Instant Answers: Bogotá