Taxis, Bogotá

Know about this? Rate It!

Bogota from MontSerate
    by Angelo_B
  • A car of this company picking me up at the airport
    A car of this company picking me up at...
    by Angelo_B
    Bogota
    by mundozurdo
  • xaver's Profile Photo

Taxi

by xaver Written Mar 25, 2014

Taxi

Taxis in Bogota and in Colombia in general have been a nice surprise. I never had to ask to turn on the meter, all taxi drivers use it. Prices are cheap, from Airport to the city centre it's bout 40 minuts and 15.000 COP about 6€.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

from airport

by nhoolb Updated Feb 23, 2011

Taking a taxi from Bogota airport is well organised and safe, go to the right (when leaving from the International arrivals) to the booth, tell the coordinator your destination and get a voucher . Also most hotels can and will arrange to meet you if you request it. Of course some basic knowledge of Spanish helps a lot. Average fare is around 9 Euros.

From the National arrivals as well as from the Puente Aereo (Avianca domestic flights) turn to the left to the booth.

See also the Colombia-transportation tip.

Info updated February 2011.

• Bogota Taxis for Corporate Executives

by mundozurdo Updated Feb 23, 2010
    Bogota

I have traveled many times to Bogota, Colombia for business and although taxi services are relative inexpensive and safe, sometimes they are not suitable for corporate executives, especially when they need to travel comfortable and secure. I have tried the services of a local company and they go out of their way to provide an excellent service for executives like me. This tip is for corporate executive who wish to upgrade their taxi experience in Bogota. Visit www.elitecarservicebogota.com and you will see what I mean. Have fun in Bogota.

• Work Abroad
    • Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Angelo_B's Profile Photo

BOGOTA Tips and ground transportation

by Angelo_B Written Feb 3, 2010

Bogota from MontSerate

Hi all,
    I wanted to share with you that since my last trip to Bogota, things have changed, the city is now much safer, hotel chains like the Marriott are now there, the Hilton is under construction...
    So the city is raising and is at last providing high level services that world business travellers were craving for !
    If you need tips like restaurant or places to stay, don't hesitate to contact me, I will answer directly.
    One of the things that is still horrible is the ground transportation, avenues, streets, are still quite bad, taxis are most of the time very old and in bad shape and trafic is just crazy... I heard from a taxi driver that a subway is in project, bu it already was the first time I came there in the 60's !
    To overcome this issue I found the first Car Service company of colombia, back in 2008, and now I only use them for my ground transportation in Bogota.
    If you stay at the Radisson or Casa Dann Carlton (2 of the best hotels of Bogota) they will direct you to them but I attach here their details.
    Cars are brand new luxury cars (no chevy or Hunday, butr AUDI !) with very well trained bilingual drivers, the level of service is one of the best I experienced, even in the states or Europe.
    Enjoy your stay in Bogota, and once again contact me any other tip.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• el_ruso's Profile Photo

Taxis

by el_ruso Written Aug 24, 2005

As in the rest of Colombia, taxis are plentiful and cheap. Ride from the Center to Zona Rosa will be around 12-15K, from Zona Rosa to the airport 15K - take a ticket at the booth.

The most comfortable model is the Hyundai Atos - a short tall ugly car with a surprisingly comfortable and quiet ride. Other than that taxis are usually some really shabby cars, such as Suzuki Swift and Daewoo Tiko.

• travelife's Profile Photo

Taxi in Bogota

by travelife Written Jun 2, 2005

Taxi, Bogota

Yeps, after Havana and Caracas, Bogotá seems to be a better (cheaper) destination. From the airport and on the way to old town by taxi, it seemed like I am somewhere in Europe. A good public service and security system visible. But yes the part of Bogotá where poor people live is in another part where I did not have to go. Perhaps that’s the reason I found my impression all positive.

Yello-taxi just coming out of the departure lounge I found this system. Paying and getting the receipt of my hotel address in Old town of Bogota. The chauffeur did not speak English but had a big ID laminated in front which says his is a licensed and regular cab. Another advantage was this system is built on distance instead of meter. So no worries paying more. Since I have already paid in advance I did not bother to pay any tips. The ride was about 30 min. and I paid a little more than 7 USD. Here price is quoted in both Colombian pesos and USD!

Instant Answers: Bogotá