Zipaquirá Local Customs

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

the tripod factor

by richiecdisc Written Aug 6, 2010

a tripod comes in handy in low light

Getting good shots inside the salt cathedral is tricky. Thankfully, even simple digital cameras can give you fair shots but to get truly good ones, you'll need a tripod, something that is not allowed in the mine. That said, I found that as long as I waited for each wave of a tour to pass, I could set up my tripod easily enough and there were no guards “enforcing” the “rules.” I felt a little guilty at first but after seeing the results was glad I did it!

• Museum Visits
    • Photography

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

architecture

by call_me_rhia Updated Aug 6, 2008
    wooden balconies

Zipaquirá is a beautiful little town with some fine examples of interesting architecture. There are four main styles that you will recognise when walking around town: the one before the invasion, the colonial era, the revolution time and the time of Independance.

You can see some beautiful ones in Spanish Colonial style around the main square, but my favourite ones were some old buildings with wooden balconies, also on the main square... rustic-looking and old, not quite unlike some old german and anglo-saxon buildings.

Instant Answers: Zipaquirá

Comments

Zipaquirá Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Zipaquirá local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zipaquirá sightseeing.