Guapí Travel Guide

• Guapí

Guapí Restaurants

Breakfast in Guap��

by MalenaN Written Jan 31, 2009

There are several cafés/panaderias in Guapí and I visited two of them, both on the main street. The first one was situated about a block from the square. I had two pieces of bread, a yoghurt and a blackberry juice with milk. It was 4400 pesos (July 2008).
    The next morning I had breakfast at a small café just across the road from Rio Guapí Hotel. It was Independence Day and on the TV there was a concert with Juanes (Ingrid Betancourt that just a few weeks before had been freed from Farc was also there, at the concert). I had two pieces of bread, mango juice in milk (I got a whole jar) and coffee. It was 3100 pesos.
    Both cafés were quite busy and good spots for people watching.

Lunch by the river

by MalenaN Written Jan 31, 2009

When I was on Isla Gorgona I was recommended a restaurant in Guapi, situated by the river. The good thing with this restaurant is that you will have a view over the river from your table so you can watch people and boats going by.
    To eat I had mariscos, rice, salad and a soup, and to drink I had coca-cola. I also got a plate with beans, but as I don’t like beans I didn’t eat them. The cost of the meal was 12 000 pesos (July 2008).
    I don’t know the name of the restaurant (there was no sign), but it is situated in a house next to Aviatur office and there is a stair to climb.

• Guapí Hotels

0 Hotels in Guapí

Guapí Transportation

On the boat 3 more images

by MalenaN Written Jan 31, 2009

I had booked everything regarding the Isla Gorgona trip at Aviatur in Bogotá. So, together with two persons from Bogotá who were also going to Isla Gorgona, I was taken from the airport to Aviaturs office in Guapí. The office is by the river and that’s from where the boat is leaving. We thought we were leaving quite soon, but it turned out we had to wait. We thought we were waiting for other people to arrive with another plane, but it turned out we were waiting for a tyre that had to be taken to the island. Well, the good thing was that while we were waiting we had time to take a walk around in Guapí with a man from the town.
    Finally it was time to leave and we got a raincoat to put on to protect us from the water. But as the sea was very calm we didn’t need it. The boat ride took less than two hours and coming out on open sea we could see a few whales very far away.

Going back to Guapí the boat left very early, it was just becoming light. It was very different from the trip to the island, when it had been a calm sea. As we were leaving it was a rough sea and the ride was very bumpy with high waves, and we were constantly splashed with a water (I couldn‘t take any photos when we left as the rain poured down and it was windy). Approaching the coast it became less wavy and after more than two hours we arrived to Guapí. I was wet, but my luggage was dry as it had been packed in a big plastic bag.

I paid for a package to Isla Gorgona, but looking at the bill I can see that the return ride with boat Guapí - Isla Gorgona was 8500 pesos (July 2008).

At the airport in Guapi 1 more image

by MalenaN Written Jan 25, 2009

When I arrived early in the morning to the airport in Cali I was told my plane, leaving at 6.45, was cancelled and that the next one left at 9.50. So I had another three hours to spend at the airport. There are some shops and cafes so I sat down at Donkin Dounuts to have breakfast (4000 pesos) and read a book.

The flight to Guapi took about 35 minutes and onboard a small sandwich and something to drink was served. In Guapi we all were registered in a book by a military and we got our luggage. Then the gates were unlooked and we could leave the terminal. As I was on my way to Isla Gorgona I was met by a man from Aviatur (the company that organises the tours to Isla Gorgona) and so were to other persons. We were taken to a counter were we could confirm our return tickets. The other two persons had some trouble confirming their tickets, but Aviatur was going to solve the problem during the day.

It seems to be very common that the departure time for the flights between Cali and Guapi are changed. My plane from Guapi, back to Cali, was first leaving at 10.05, but some time before I heard it was leaving at 10.50. Before you check in your luggage you must open your bags for the military to have a quick look. There is a café in the airport where you can have a coffee while you are waiting. Leaving Guapi I had a very nice view over Guapi, the river and the ocean (with Isla Gorgona in the distance). In Cali we got the luggage quick and just outside the terminal was the bus for the bus terminal.

For the plane ticket Cali - Guapi - Cali I paid 393 564 pesos (July 2008).

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Guapí? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Guapí Shopping

Selling fruits in Guap��

by MalenaN Written Feb 10, 2009

On the main street, opposite Hotel Rio Guapi, there is a souvenir shop selling things made of straw. I bought some nice table mats. There where also bags and hats to buy. Along the main street you can also find small stalls where women sell different fruits and there are a few small grocery stores.
    Along the narrow street nearest to the river you can buy fish and here you can also find a small market. At one place by the river there are some people selling bananas from their boats.

Instant Answers: Guapí

Comments

Guapí Travel Guide
Map of Guapí