La Plata Travel Guide

• La Plata
  • La Plata

La Plata Restaurants

by MalenaN Written Oct 15, 2008

I didn’t see too many restaurants in La Plata and went to a chicken place on the road looking like a main road, near the square. Without seeing the menu I asked for a plate with chicken, French fries, rice and salad (just what I wanted at the moment). Together with a Hit mango drink it was 5900 pesos (July 2008). I was the only customer at the moment and service was good.

Meal at Pollo Listo

La Plata Transportation

by MalenaN Updated Oct 14, 2008

The taxi from Casa Platypus in Bogota to the bus terminal took about 20 minutes and was 9400 pesos (July 2008). I arrived to the terminal about 6.50am and asked for buses to La Plata. The only direct buses are leaving night time so I bought a ticket to Neiva where I could change. The first company I asked had a bus at 7.30, but Copatran had one leaving at 7am so I bought a ticket for that bus. The ticket was 28 000 pesos and the journey took 6 hours. During the journey they showed two films (Too fast too furious, Tokyo drive and Ghost) alost without sound. We made a short break once (I had been at the same place the previous year as well).

In Neiva a man from Copatran brought me to the minibus to La Plata. It was leaving in less then half an hour, 13.30 and the ticket was 12 000 pesos. After a while the bus got a flat tyre, but it took only 15 minutes to change. After that stop some men had to push the minibus so the driver could start it. We were at the terminal in La Plata at 15.50. The terminal is outside the town and a taxi to the main plaza cost 2500 pesos.

Street in La Plata

by MalenaN Written Oct 14, 2008

They called from Hotel Berlin to check when buses were leaving La Plata for Tierradentro (San Andres) the next day. Buses were going to leave at 6.30, 10.30, 13.00 and 16.00. I was told I did not have to go to the terminal but could take the bus from a corner somewhere.
    Well, I was ready quite early in the morning and decided to take a taxi to the terminal and take the bus from there, just to be sure I would not miss it. On the way to the terminal we met an old bus and I looked for a sign, but could not see one. At the terminal, where I was well in time for the 6.30 bus, it turned out it had allready left the terminal and I got a ride with a jeep back in to town where the bus was (the same bus I had seen on the way to the terminal). The ticket was 8000 pesos (July 2008). Along the way we stopped many times for people to get on and off or just to pick up or leave things. After 2,5 hours we arrived at the village San Andres de Pisimbala.
    I was going to stay in the village, but if you plan to stay near the museums the bus pass that place about 5 minutes before the village.

Waiting in the jeep

• La Plata Hotels

0 Hotels in La Plata

Instant Answers: La Plata

Comments

La Plata Travel Guide
Map of La Plata