Know about this?
Islas De Rosarios
If you fancy a trip to the Rosario islands my advice would be to find a small boat to take you. I did the trip from the port and the first stop was the Aquarium which was of no interest to me. We had to stay there for an hour and a half while half of the boat did the tour. They have a small cafe with hot food and plenty of beverages to buy. If your desperate for a swim and don't want to see the Aquarium go to the side of the Ladies bathroom and there you will find a place to cool down. Don't bother asking anyone where it is as they will tell you there is no place to swim on the Island. It is rocky but enjoyable if your feeling really hot. When we left the Island we then headed to Islas De Rosarios . The journey started at 8am that morning, the boat did not leave until 9.15am and besides what you paid for your ticket you also have to pay a tax which is around 5000 pesos. The journey cost 42,000 including the tax. Between the stop at the Aquarium and the trip to Islas de Rosarios it took 7 hours from the time we left to the time we got back and that was just on the boat, you get two hours on the beach. Your ticket should include lunch of fish, rice, salad and a drink of which l did not taste as l would hate to think what it was made of and it also contained ice. If on the other hand your not faint hearted head for the back of the Hilton hotel in Bocagrande where you will find a few guys selling tickets for the Island, there boats are not in full working order, the one l took was leaking but of course not a lot, once you have you life jacket on it's fairly ok and only take around 45 minutes. Agree a price before you get on the boat and a time for them to come and pick you up.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cartagena Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Songni-dong Hotels
- Chelsea Heights Hotels
- Batu Feringgi Hotels
- Stawell Hotels
- East Liverpool
- Banff Warnings and Dangers
- places better to avoid at night
- Zante Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Nayarit Warnings and Dangers
- South Carolina Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Baja California Sur Warnings and Dangers
- Bugs / Worms
- Be Aware!
- Edmonton Warnings and Dangers
- Leipzig Warnings and Dangers
- Speed, drugs and p-ing
- Guilin Warnings and Dangers