Ciudad Perdida What to Pack

D in lush surroundings
    by richiecdisc
    D cools off w/ fellow group members
    bring the tripod

Most Recent What to Pack in Ciudad Perdida

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Two great treks down, one great wife

by richiecdisc Updated Nov 23, 2010

D in lush surroundings

Luggage and bags: Camping gear is provided at each camp and set up for you but you need a day pack to carry your clothes and basic gear you will need at camp. Alternatively, you can make your backpack smaller with compression straps. We just brought one backpack for the two of us as we did not have a day pack with us.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Long sleeve shirt and pants are good for camp, especially in wet season for mosquitoes. Bathing suit is a must for swimming. Good hiking boots as the trail is rugged in places but water sandals will be much appreciated for crossing rivers and at night in camp. A hat to protect you from the sun can be dipped in the water to cool you off while hiking.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Two things: sunscreen and insect repellent. We were lucky to be traveling in a very dry "dry" season so the latter was not as important as is normally the case but still glad we had it at points.

Photo Equipment: A wide angle lens is great for taking in landscapes and bringing the foreground into your photos. A good zoom is best for capturing photos of the Kogi's. A tripod is needed for getting good shots in the dense jungle due to low light conditions.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A camping gear is provided but bring a water bottle, flashlight, and water purification tablets if you are not going to drink the beverages provided by the guides. If you are going to drink the latter, you may as well just drink the water as you are doing with their stuff anyway!

Miscellaneous: Thanks to D for doing this despite the mosquito horror stories which were greatly exaggerated during the dry season. Two great treks, one great wife! :)

• Photography

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Good things to bring

by MalenaN Updated Oct 31, 2007

On the way to Ciudad Perdida

Luggage and bags: On the list of things to bring Turcol advised that you pack in a small backpack. Some people in my group had stuffed everything in a small backpack (some even with things outside) and they looked very heavy on the shoulders. I took my big backpack with good support on the hips, but left many things in Taganga, so it wasn’t heavy. I think that is a better option.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I had a pair of trekking boots with good support for the ankles and a pair of sandals (for the river crossings and when we were at the camps). I’m glad for the trekking boots as the way can be very uneven and muddy. I felt a big difference the hour I walked with sandals. But one in my group walked in flip-flops so it can be done, but I want advice that.
    A light rain jacket can be good to have, short and long pants, about three T-shirts and something with long sleeves. Bring swim wear for bathing in the rivers.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I had heard the water along the way could be bad and that many people get sick so I bought purification tablets in Taganga (can’t remember if I bought them at Magic Tours or at the pharmacy next door). Most people didn’t bring purification tablets and they were fine anyway.
    You should also bring mosquito repellent.

Photo Equipment: Don’t forget to bring extra batteries for your camera (and for the torch).

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A sleeping bag is good to have. I didn’t have my own but Turcol told me I could borrow one from the first camp, which I could bring with me for the other nights as well. There are also thick blankets at the camps.
    You should also bring a torch so that you can find your things, or the way to the bathroom, after dark

Miscellaneous: Put all your things inside plastic bags inside your backpack. The rain can be very heavy and without plastic bags all your things will be soaking wet.
    It is good to bring some candy and energy bars that you can eat during the trek.
    It is also good to bring some money.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• jungles's Profile Photo

What you should bring

by jungles Written Jul 1, 2006

Luggage and bags: A small daypack for your personal items (porters will carry the rest)

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Poncho, though you'll get wet anyway as it rains every afternoon
    An extra set of dry clothes
    Bathing suit unless you want to swim in your underwear
    Sturdy walking shoes

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Insect repellent

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Sleeping bag or sleep sheet
    Flashlight

Miscellaneous: 20,000 pesos for 'factory tour'
    Any extra sweets you might want, though you'll be fed well

• Camping
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

Instant Answers: Ciudad Perdida

Comments

Ciudad Perdida What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Ciudad Perdida what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ciudad Perdida sightseeing.

View all Ciudad Perdida hotels