Taganga Favorites

anyone for a chicken baguette?
    by richiecdisc

Most Recent Favorites in Taganga

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

worth a taste: Taganga

by richiecdisc Updated Nov 29, 2010

anyone for a chicken baguette?

Favorite thing: Not doubt about it, Taganga's calling card is its beach but the best way to photograph it is via the trail to Playa Granda.

Fondest memory: We had debated on staying in Taganga. Everyone else we met was. But we just didn't like the sound of it; packed with backpackers, a paradise lost. Great spots like this have a habit of turning into such. A scenic fishing village gone astray with popularity. Santa Marta, which many of our fellow travelers shunned, sounded great to us. Touristy but in a decided Colombian way. Lots of great snacking and juicing around opportunities too. Some really nice places to stay and easier access sealed the deal. Of course, we still wanted to go to Taganga but that was easy to do as a day trip and the main thing that had us doing it was a sandwich shop that baked its own baguettes. Often it is food that gets me off the beaten path but this was one time that it got me to the mainstream.

The sandwiches were everything they were meant to be and well worth the small mini-bus trip to Taganga. It was particularly nice as my wife, who had been suffering tummy woes, was able to eat too. Full, happy and relaxed, we strolled Taganga's busy beachfront and enjoyed it for what it is: a paradise-turned-backpacker hub. Nothing more, nothing less. It was nice to see but it was even nicer to leave for “home,” and for one more night, that was Santa Marta, a real Colombian beach town that many treat as a necessary evil en route to the must sees of Colombia.

• see what you want to do - check out these videos

by damienleze Written Jul 15, 2010

Favorite thing: check out these guys' youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GetUpAndGoFilms

they have several videos outlining where you can stay and what you can do. Diving, the lost city treck and where to stay. Also do check out La Finca la lorita. It's an amazing place just one our bus from taganga. There you can trek, surf, kayak, swim in waterfalls and visit an indigenous village.

Fondest memory: leaving for minca and coming back, leaving on a diving safari and coming back, leaving for guachaca and coming back. It's a good HQ for the region

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Kayaking
    • Beaches

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

heaven and hell

by call_me_rhia Updated Aug 7, 2008
    around taganga

Favorite thing: Taganga is heaven... a little fishing village with a perfect moon-shaped bay, two actually.. and the Sierra Nevada mountains as a backdrop. The water is clear and calm and there are no high-rise buildings, just simple construction and houses... the highest being two floors high.

The village has just under 1500 inhabitants and it is slow paced. Taganga is also popular with divers, but since I don't dive you'd beter off checking malenaN page for more info.

Fondest memory: Taganga is hell... it attracts the worst kind of backpackers, the hippy-wanna-be's who have no respect for the place they are and for the environment. Most of them (rouglt 80% i would guess) come from the same country. Guess correctly which one and I'll cook you a delicious meal next time you're around.

Dump is scattered all around and the roads are filthy... on top of that there's also a pack of 14 stray dogs (I counted them!) who *** and pee all over - trust me: Taganga does stink. No one cares to clean the town, by the way and everyone seems to be happy this way. This kind of backpacking is not my scene, and I left much earlier than i had envisaged.

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

Diving in the deep blue

by darthmilmo Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: I took my advance PADI open water certification course in Taganga. For the first time I dove below 30 meters to see the beauty of the deep blue sea. It's just a total high to be able to float in the sea while observing all this interesting creatures interacting with their environment.

• Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Taganga

Comments

Taganga Favorites

Reviews and photos of Taganga favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taganga sightseeing.