Girón Travel Guide

• Things to Do
  • Things to Do

Girón Things to Do

by MalenaN Written Feb 11, 2008

Basilica Menor, also called Catedral del Señor de los Milagros, is the principal church of Girón. It is standing on the west side of Parque Principal, it is white and has got two towers. Construction of the church was begun already in 1646, but it was not completed until much later, in 1876. Pilgrims from all over the country is coming here. The day I visited Girón the church was open all the time.

Basilica Menor
    • Religious Travel
    • Architecture

Girón Restaurants

by MalenaN Written Feb 18, 2008

Before going back to Bucaramanga it was time to eat again and I went to a small restaurant I had seen next to Basilica Menor. They didn’t have a menu of the day (comida corriente). I ordered a quarter of a chicken with French fries and potatoes and a Pepsi. I didn’t get a knife and fork to eat with but a plastic glove. It tasted okay, but I remember that was a funny taste, but can’t remember of what. The price for the meal was 8100 pesos.

Chicken with potatos

by MalenaN Written Feb 18, 2008

In the north-western corner of Parque Principal there is a café where you can buy cakes and juices. I had a yummy croissant with cheese and ham and a strawberry smoothie. It was 3300 pesos. It was just enough to get me going for a few more hours.

Eating croissant

• Girón Hotels

0 Hotels in Girón

Girón Transportation

by MalenaN Written Aug 21, 2007

It is easy to travel to Girón from Bucaramanga. The buses are frequent and takes about 30 minutes. They are not leaving from where my guidebook said but from Carrera 14. Coming back to Bucaramanga the buses stop at Carrera 15. In Girón I was interested to visit the old city and when I saw the church tower coming close I asked the bus driver where to get off. The bus ride cost 1050 pesos (July 2007) all days except Sundays when the price is 1200 pesos.

Street in Gir��n

Instant Answers: Girón

Comments

Girón Travel Guide
Map of Girón