Isla de Providencia Restaurants

ceviche, served with patacones
  • caracol (conch) stew with rice, salad & patacones
    caracol (conch) stew with rice, salad &...
    by mircaskirca
    shrimp with rice, salad and patacones

Best Rated Restaurants in Isla de Providencia

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Roland Roots Bar: Typically Caribbean Chill Out Beach Bar

by mircaskirca Updated Jul 4, 2010

ceviche, served with patacones

Roland Roots Bar is a very atmospheric open-air hangout set on the most beautiful beach in Providencia. Shaded and sheltered homemade tables and chairs clustered in palm grove with views of Providencia's incredible Manzanillo Beach make it a place to come at lunch and stay all day until dinner. Reggae beats play continually at a pleasant volume and sometimes a live band plays in the evening.

The bar is run by a legendary local rasta Roland, with the help of his son Jason. He is the most friendly host you will meet anywhere. Roland truly loves this island he grew up on and is quite knowledgeable about it. He will do anything for you to leave with the best possible opinion of the island. Roland lives above the bar and also has a room for rent. So if you love reggae you can rent it for very cheap.

They serve some tasty and reasonable priced fish and seafood dishes, such as fried and grilled fish, shrimp and ceviche. Make sure to try some of the island's specialities, caracol (conch) and cangrejo (crab). Service may be slow but if you are here you'll not want to leave :)

Favorite Dish: During my visits of Providencia I tried most of the dishes here, from ceviche, crab soup, crab empanada to fish, conch and shrimp. I can't choose my favourite food as everything tasted very delicious! But if I really have to, I would say conch stew. Ahh, yummy!!!

• Beaches
    • Beer Tasting

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Richards Place: Cold Drink Right on the Beach

by mircaskirca Updated Jul 18, 2010

I was so excited about Providencia, so after my arrival to Aguadulce I did not loose time and started to explore the island as soon as I left my luggage in the posada. I decided to take a walk to Bahía Sureste, the first bay after Aguadulce. You follow the main (and the only) road to the south and then turn right to the beach. It's a 15-minute walk.

On the beach you find Richards Place, a rustic bar with hammocks and a few tables, set in the shadow of palm trees. It is made of wood and painted yellow, and has two windows, blue and red one. I especially liked the cheerfully painted light blue table which had drawings of the underwater world. Here you can enjoy fruit frappe, beer, mojito or piña colada, in the rhythm of reggae music. I quite enjoyed the atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I wanted to have my morning coffee but the guy told they did not serve it. A few minutes later he came back and said he can make one for me. How nice from him! In fact, they were not used to serve coffee for guests (which usually order cold drinks), but they obviously had some for their own use.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Isla de Providencia

Comments

Isla de Providencia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Providencia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Providencia sightseeing.

View all Isla de Providencia hotels