Isla de San Andrés Shopping

• Shopping
    by grandmaR
    Another view of the dock area
    Shopping center area

Most Recent Shopping in Isla de San Andrés

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Duty Free shops: Colombian Emeralds

by grandmaR Written Mar 4, 2009

Luggage shop

One of the things that was included on the tour was a chance to stop and shop. But the weather was so miserable that we didn't want to do that. I actually did no shopping whatever on the island. I just took some pictures as we were riding by

What to buy: Since this is Columbia, apparently Colombian emeralds are a good buy. There are also duty free shops.

At the dock, there were some little craft stands set up, but I didn't look at them very closely, so I don't know what they had available.

• Women's Travel

• RWFAN's Profile Photo

On the Beach!

by RWFAN Written Feb 20, 2006

I bought all of my souviniers from this man on the beach. There were 2 different men who had stands set up on our hotel's beach selling various touristy items. His name was Ritchie and I reccommend him to anyone who will be in the area. When I was there his stand was the white one to the left. He was very friendly and remembered my name. His prices were very reasonable too. I was looking for a shotglass that said San Andres on it but the only one that he had said 2005, and it was the first week in January 2006! So he made one over the weekend for me and saved it for me to pick-up from him before I left. All of the handicrafts that he sells are made by himself and a group of 4 other friends of his.

What to buy: Ritchie had all sorts of things to buy, from keychains and figurines, to hand carved masks and statues. If there's a mask or something that you like but would prefer in a different colour, he will take it home and have it repainted for you for the next day if he can.

What to pay: I didn't spend more than $4 US on anything I bought from, but I think the masks were a bit more money, nothing outrageous though.

• School Holidays

• IrishFem's Profile Photo

Electrical Goods

by IrishFem Updated May 31, 2003

The island is also a great place to shop for electrical and its tax free. The shops will ship back whatever you buy. On one part of the Island you will find tons of shops selling everything from Televisions, stereos, walkmans... l still have mine.. They also sell sporting goods, womens and mens clothes, and local crafts.

Instant Answers: Isla de San Andrés

Comments

Isla de San Andrés Shopping

Reviews and photos of Isla de San Andrés shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de San Andrés sightseeing.

View all Isla de San Andrés hotels