Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno

Cafeteria Encanto Manabita

by MalenaN Written Nov 30, 2013

All over Ecuador you can get cheap lunch offers (almuerzo) with a soup, a main dish and sometimes also a dessert. Galapagos tend to be more expensive than the mainland so in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno I had lunch for $4 (July 2013) at Cafeteria Encanto Manabita.

I found this restaurant when I came walking from the airport along Av Alsacio Northia. It is situated somewhere between Av de La Armada and the church. I got a large bowl of soup and then a plate with spaghetti mixed with meet and rice. To drink there was a lemonade.

Café Bar Tongo Reef

by MalenaN Written Nov 30, 2013

Café Bar Tongo Reef has a few tables outside on the pavement where you can sit watching people walk by. I ordered chicken with French fries and salad for $6.50 (July 2013) and an orange juice for $1.50. The meal was nothing special, but not bad either, just like chicken, French fries and salad taste all over Ecuador.

Other things on the menu at Tongo Reef are chicken sandwich, toast, bolón, empanadas, fruit salad and breakfast.

My last evening on San Cristóbal I was not feeling well and probably had some fever. I did not feel like sitting at a restaurant and eat my evening meal. And I didn’t have any appetite but needed to eat, so I came to Bongo Reef and asked if I could buy the chicken with French fries and salad as take away, and that was okay.

Restaurante El Descanso Marinero

by MalenaN Written Nov 29, 2013

Restaurante El Descanso Marinero is a seafood restaurant situated two blocks inland from the sea. Here you can enjoy fresh seafood dishes at tables set around a patio. And the portions served seem to be very big.

I ordered Arroz con camarones and an orange juice. The portion was huge and even if it tasted very good I could not finish it all. The meal and juice was $14 (July 2013).

Calypso

by MalenaN Written Nov 28, 2013

Calypso is situated at the western end of the malecon and here you can sit at one of the outdoor tables. I ate here twice, and especially on Saturday evening it was crowded, and many of the customers were foreign tourists.

Both times I was there I ordered a chicken sandwich with French fries. Besides chicken there were some tomatoes and lettuce in the sandwich too. To drink I had batido de frutilla (strawberry smoothie) one evening and strawberry juice the other evening. With the batido it was $9.90 (July 2013) which included tax, but not service.

Ceviches de Colorado

by MalenaN Updated Nov 27, 2013

Ceviches de Colorado
    Ceviche de Colorado is situated on Avenida de La Armada, not far from the hotel where I stayed. I came here for lunch, and as it was a Saturday there was no cheap lunch menus. I ordered Pescado (fish) a la Plancha with French fries and salad. Before the meal was served I got a basket of popcorn and banana crisps. To drink I had an orange juice. It was a good meal and it was $13 (July 2013).
    There were quite a lot of Finches around the tables so it was necessary to watch out so hey didn’t come too close to my food. You can actually see one on the table in the photo.

Mary’s Cakes & Coffee

by MalenaN Written Nov 26, 2013

The first night on San Cristóbal I stayed at Hostal León Dormido. Mary’s Cakes & Coffee is situated just next door (I think they have the same owners) so that is where I had my breakfast, also when I had moved to another hotel.

Every morning I had the American Breakfast which consists of coffee, a fruit salad, eggs, toast, butter, jam and a fruit juice. The American Breakfast was $3.50 (July 2013). One morning I broke a glass and that cost me $1 extra.

Mary’s is a small café serving breakfast, cakes and snacks. Among other things to drink you find cappuccino, espresso, moccacino, juice and batidos.

Instant Answers: Puerto Baquerizo Moreno

Comments

Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Baquerizo Moreno sightseeing.

View all Puerto Baquerizo Moreno hotels