I would like to tell you how Carnaval in Guaranda is marvelous, but :
1. I drunk too much during the first night and don't remember anything
2. It was raining when people were walking in the streets, typically dressed, so we didn't see much
3. We passed more time in avoiding water bombs than in watching the festivities !
Je voudrais vous en dire plus sur le magnifique Carnaval de Guaranda, mais :
1. J'etais trop saoul le premier soir pour me souvenir quoi que ce soit
2. Il pleuvait des cordes pendant le defile et on ne voyait pas grand chose
3. On passait plus de temps a eviter les bombes a eau qu'a regarder les festivites !
The carnaval in my country we celebrate with water. We use that because is a way to clean yourself from all the sins you have commited before entering in holy days...a religious thing.
Anyway, In Guaranda specially even if is not the hottest place in the country people get particularly more wet and cover with everything you can imagine.
This is not all, there is a lot of parties going on and alcohol for everyone so you barely feel the cold....IS JUST FUN!!
They loooove throwing things at you, during Carnaval. In Guaranda, we were lucky enough, it was only water... But it was raining so much that we didn't really understand why they went on with water bombs or water riffles !!! That's weird !
Ils adoooorent vous balancer des trucs, pendant Carnaval. A Guaranda, on a eu de la chance, finalement, c'etait que de l'eau. Mais comme il pleuvait grave, on comprenait pas pourquoi ils continuaient avec leurs bombes et fusils a eau !! C'est dingue !