Chugchilán Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Eating at Hostal Cloud Forest

by MalenaN Updated Dec 28, 2012

Dinner at Hostal Cloud Forest

After checking in at Hostal Cloud Forest I was hungry after the hike and went to see if I could get lunch in the restaurant. There were other people there eating and I got a soup with potatoes. Unfortunately they ran out of rice so when I got the main plate it was full of potatoes and it was quite dry. The lunch was $2.50.

Breakfast and dinner is included in the price of the room, and as I stayed two nights I paid $12 (July 2011) per night. The dinner and breakfast is served upstairs, in a room above the kitchen, and all tourists eat together. Dinner is served around 19.00 and breakfast at 7.30.

For breakfast we got coffee and tea, bread, egg and fruits. There was also oatmeal that could be mixed with hot water or hot milk to make a porridge. So you can eat a good breakfast before going on a hike. For dinner there was soup, a main course (both nights we got chicken) and a small cake for desert. You could get more of everything except the chicken.

The first night we were too many tourists (there was for example a big French group there), but the second evening we were only eight tourists and that was much nicer.
    ______________________________________________________________________
    Update 2012: When I returned to Chugchilán from Quilotoa it was past lunch time and ‘ lunch was finished. Anyway I could get a soup and a cheese sandwich from the kitchen. It was $1.50 (July 2012).
    To refill a small water bottle was $0.25.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Lunch at a restaurant in Chugchilán

by MalenaN Updated Dec 3, 2012

Restaurant in Chugchilan

Coming back from the horseback riding tour it was almost three o’clock and I needed something to eat. I had eaten lunch at Hostal Cloud Forest the previous day and now wanted to try the restaurant on the main street in the village. I just hoped it wouldn’t be too late for lunch.
    There were no other costumers in the restaurant, but lunch was still available. I first got a soup and then a plate with chicken, rice and French fries, and a fruit drink. It was $2.50 (July 2011).

After lunch I went to the Internet place, just next door. There it cost $1.50 to use Internet for one hour.
    _____________________________________________________________
    Update 2012: After hiking from Isinliví I came to this restaurant again to eat lunch. This time there were other customers there too, the lunch was very similar to the previous year and the price was the same (July 2012).

The Internet place next door was not open because there was no electricity in the village.

Instant Answers: Chugchilán

Comments

Chugchilán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chugchilán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chugchilán sightseeing.