Sigchos Travel Guide

Festival in Sigchos
    The road between Sigchos and Isinliví

Sigchos Restaurants

by MalenaN Written Dec 23, 2011

As many other people we went to one of the restaurants to eat or drink something when we arrived to Sigchos. I ordered a chicken soup, which came with a piece of bread as well. The soup tasted good, but I could have been without the chicken feet in it. The soup was $1 (July 2011).

This festival day there were several cheap food stands in town and vendors walking around selling snacks and sweets.

After seeing the parades I bought a small fried maize tortilla with cheese. It tasted very good so I went back and bought another one. For the two maize tortillas I paid $0.30.

Yummy maize tortillas Eating soup in Sigchos Restaurant in Sigchos Restaurant in Sigchos

Sigchos Transportation

by MalenaN Written Dec 28, 2012

I had planned to take the bus to Isinliví from Latacunga at 13.00 and I arrived at the terminal in good time because I remember the bus filled up quickly last year. At the terminal I went over to the counter where it said Isinliví and Sigchos on a sign. It was 12.15 and the man said it was a bus leaving that moment. I asked if it was a direct bus and he said yes. I bought the ticket, which was $2.50 (July 2012) and the man took me to the bus. There I saw that it said Sigchos/Iisinliví in the window of the bus and I realised it was not a direct bus. I asked if that bus, or the direct bus at 13, would arrive first. I was told that they would arrive around the same time. To Sigchos it took 2h from Latacunga and to Isinliví another half an hour. We arrived first in Isinliví, because I saw the direct bus arrive around 15 minutes later.

There are several buses between Latacuga and Sigchos every day.

A part of Sigchos, Ecuador The road between Sigchos and Latacunga

by MalenaN Written Sep 17, 2011

There was going to be a festival in Sigchos on the Sunday, and the volunteer from Llullu Llama, Glady’s who also works there and her children were all going. So we, all the tourists, decided to go as well. To be sure to get a ticket for the bus we went to the village square after dinner to buy a ticket each. The driver and the other man working on the bus were in the bus, and it seemed they were going to sleep there. A ticket was $0.75 (July 2011).
    The bus was supposed to leave at 7am, but while we were having breakfast, at 6.40, there was a knock on the door of the hostel and it was the man from the bus saying we had to hurry up because we were leaving now. We quickly went to the village square were the bus waited. It was absolutely full and difficult to get inside. I actually had a seat number, but there were other people on the bus who needed that seat more. The bus ride to Sigchos took 45 minutes.

I was the only tourist going back to Isinliví that day, as the others were continuing to other destinations. We did not know when the buses were leaving, but when we in the early afternoon looked for the buses to ask for departure times, a bus to Isinlívi was just going to leave, and I decided to take it. Once again it was absolutely full, but this time I got a seat in the front, next to the driver. So this time I could see the beautiful landscape.

Arriving to Sigchos

• Sigchos Hotels

0 Hotels in Sigchos

Instant Answers: Sigchos

Comments

Sigchos Travel Guide
Map of Sigchos