Vilcabamba Restaurants

by jacquisuiza

Most Recent Restaurants in Vilcabamba

• Charlito's: Wild Pizza & Wicked Burgers -- Veggie and Meat

by Scott3000 Written Feb 1, 2010

Charlito's is run by an American expat, his local Vilcabambina wife and their family. It's a new place, with simple and basic decor. Food is simply tasty. Atmosphere is laid back, with a nice international music mix at moderate volume.

Charlito's menu is short and sweet. I am definitely a fan of shorter menus, as they indicate more focus on house specials. Charlito's definitely pleases!

European and North American expats love the place, and plenty of local people have also discovered the delicious food there as well.

The menu includes vegetarian and meat dishes, salads, hummus, veggie or meat burgers, soups, pizzas, pastas and more.

Charlie recommends two-fruit juice mixes, and I agree. I normally go for some blend of mango-berry (blueberry or strawberry), no sugar. PiƱa-papaya is also nice. Fruits are fresh and tropical. Charlie will also add a shot of your favorite spirit if you like. I take my juice straight (no alcohol).

Spirits and Ecuadorian beer are available.

Favorite Dish: So far, it's the pizza.**

I've tried four of the five pizzas on the menu: Margarita, Salami (similar to pepperoni), Ham, and Mushroom, usually adding olives. The fifth, Hawaiian, is not my style. I have also asked for my own experimental blend: Spinach, Broccoli, and Olives. Charlito's team was certainly accommodating!

The first time I tried Charlito's pizza, I set my expectations in the mid-range. I was most pleasantly surprised! Crust, cheese and toppings are all properly prepared, from properly selected ingredients.

What truly sets Charlito's pizza apart from the rest, however, is the tangy tomato-based sauce. Not spicy, but tangy. It sets up a sort of attractive force field that draws all the other ingredients in, like a good sauce should, to the delight of your palate!

A Charlito's pizza after one of my favorite mangoberry juices, and all is well in Vilcabamba (and the rest of the world).

$7.00 USD for a medium size pizza plus two glasses of juice.

**Warning: Charlito's pizza is highly addictive!

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Hostería y Restaurante Izhcayluma: Great view and fresh food

by jacquisuiza Updated Jun 25, 2007

View to Vilcabamba's mountains

Best restaurant in Ecuador with fresh food, three times a day. Great view.

Favorite Dish: Kaesespatzen (german/swiss/austrian dish), after a long time travelling in Latin America.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Vilcabamba

Comments

Vilcabamba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vilcabamba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vilcabamba sightseeing.