Bahía de Caráquez Restaurants

• Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Bahía de Caráquez

Riverside Restaurants

by MalenaN Written Oct 2, 2012

Near the ferry dock there are two restaurants, Restaurante El Muelle Uno and Parillada La Chozita. They are facing the estuary of Río Chone and are situated close to Coco Bongo where I stayed, so I tried them both, but was disappointed both times. Actually both meals are among the worse I have had.

First I went to El Muelle Uno. I ordered Pescado al Vapor (steamed fish) and a lemon juice. The fish was served with rice, plantains and some salad. The fish was not good at all, it had a very wet and spongy texture and was topped with lots of raw onion (which I don’t like). The meal and drink was $5.50 (June 2012).

The last day in Bahía I had taken a walk and wanted to eat at Restaurante D’Cameron, but they were closing just as I came there. I decided to eat closer to Coco Bongo and the options are not many. So this time I decided to try Parillada La Chozita, as I thought it couldn’t be as bad as El Muelle Uno next door. As I had been advised not to eat fried or greasy food the first days after surgery I ordered Pescado al Vapor again. I was the only customer and the food arrived very quickly. It turned out the fish had the same wet and spongy texture as at the restaurant next door and it did not taste well. After eating most of the tomatoes I saw that the remaining slice was all black on the outside. This tuned out to be dirt as I could rub it away. I felt very lucky afterwards that I didn’t get sick. This time I didn’t order a juice, but the price for the meal was still$5.50.

Awful Pescado al Vapor Awful Pascado al Vapor

Restaurante Samira

by MalenaN Written Oct 4, 2012

When I broke my wrist I went to the hospital in Bahía. After visiting the emergency there was still some time before the radiologist would come and as I was hungry I went to the nearest restaurant to eat lunch. I asked for almuerzo (set lunch menu), but was told it was finished for the day. I went back to the street, but didn’t know where to go so I went back to Restaurante Samira and asked if they didn’t have anything else to eat. Luckily I could get some food and I got a soup, and then a plate with rice, fish and vegetables. To drink I had a lemonade. It all tasted very good and the price was $2.50 (June 2012). Before leaving I bought a small water bottle and it was $0.30.
    I liked the restaurant and think it had a nice atmosphere.

Restaurante Samira, Bah��a Restaurante Samira, Bah��a

Puerto Amistad

by MalenaN Written Oct 7, 2012

I had been told that the food is good at Puerto Amistad, so after the disappointment with Muelle Uno I decided to take a walk to Puerto Amistad the next day. Puerto Amistad is also situated by the estuary of Río Chone, but further south and on a large open-air deck, so the breeze was nice there.

I ordered Pechuga al Plancha (chicken) and as I had been told not to eat fried food the first days after surgery I got boiled potatoes and not French fries with it. On the side I got a salad. To drink I had a jugo de maracuja (passion fruit). With 12% IVA it was $8.71 (June 2012). It was a good meal. Other things on the menu were fish, seafood, steak and hamburgers.

Puerto Amistad is also a Yacht Club.

Restaurante Victoria

by MalenaN Written Oct 1, 2012

Shortly after arriving in Bahía I went out to eat lunch. As I needed to rest after an operation I didn’t want to go far, and I remembered that Hotel Italia, situated one block away from Coco Bongo where I stayed, had a restaurant. I went there but the restaurant was empty and I could see that across the street people were sitting outside Restaurante Victoria, so I went there instead. The doctor from Bahía had given me a list of food that I should avoid the first days after surgery. I showed it to the woman in the kitchen and she told me they could give me fish, rice and vegetables. To drink I had an orange juice. It was a good meal and it was $2.50 (June 2012).

Lunch at Restaurante Victoria

• retired_poppi's Profile Photo

Hostel Coco Bongo: Brewed coffee in the morning!

by retired_poppi Written Jan 21, 2007

We ate a full American breakfast in January 2007. It was a good value at US$ 2.50 and included brewed coffee (not instant as is the norm at other places in Biaha).

Favorite Dish: Desyano Americano para US$ 2.50
    Ensalada de frutes
    Pan
    Dos Huavos, frito, revolto, o en copa
    Tuchano
    Jugo
    Cafe

D`Camaron: Delightful al fresco restaurant

by retired_poppi Written Jan 17, 2007

D`Camaron is located at the end of Avenue Bolivar, where it intersects the Malacon at the tip of the peninsula. As the name implies, there are many shrip dishes on the menu, along with some fish and chicken as well. In January, 2007, most menu items were between $3 and $4.

Four barbeques adjacent to the ferry landing: Restaurant Row

by retired_poppi Updated Jan 21, 2007

There are four, almost identical, barbeque restaurants next to the ferry landing. Each features charcoal broiled beef or chicken and fried fish or shrimp. Meals cost between US$ 4 and US$ 6 in January 2007.

Arena Bar Pizzeria: More than just pizza

by retired_poppi Written Jan 21, 2007

The pizza is good, and is popular for take out. There are many other things on the menue. The shrimp in fresh sauce is fantastic at US$ 4.79. The fish in asparagras sauce was also excellent at about the same price.

One may dine inside, or sit on the sidewalk and watch the passing people. The owner, Elizabeth, is very friendly and takes great pride in the quality of the food.

Instant Answers: Bahía de Caráquez

Comments

Bahía de Caráquez Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bahía de Caráquez restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bahía de Caráquez sightseeing.

View all Bahía de Caráquez hotels