Puerto López Restaurants

Fruit juices on the beach

by MalenaN Written Oct 29, 2012

Batido de frutilla

Fruit juices on the beach
    On the beach in Puerto Lopez there are many bars where you can enjoy fresh fruit juices and batidos (fruit juice made with milk). Coming back to Puerto Lopez from a daytrip to the national park or a whale-watching tour it is great to relax in one of the bars with a juice and sea view. At some bars it is quiet, at others they play music, and the chairs are different at the different bars, so look around to see where you will be most comfortable. The list of juices is long at every bar and the price seems to be the same in the different bars.

This is what I paid for some juices in July 2012:

• Beaches

Restaurant at Hotel Pacífico

by MalenaN Written Oct 18, 2012

Breakfast at Hotel Pac��fico

As I was staying at Hotel Pacífico that is also where I ate breakfast every morning, even if it was quite expensive. An American Breakfast was $4.27 (July 2012) and it included coffee, two breads ( and butter and jam), two eggs, a banana and a fruit juice. It was a good breakfast to start the day with and a good thing was that the restaurant opened early. One morning though, I had to wait for a while when I came down at 7.30, as a big group was eating their breakfast and every table was occupied.

I also ate lunch and dinner at the restaurant as it was convenient for me. The food was good and this is what I paid:
    Pescado a La Plancha: $6.10
    Orange juice: $2
    Polla a La Plancha and orange juice: almost $10

Restaurante Canoa

by MalenaN Written Oct 16, 2012

Restaurante Canoa is one of the restaurants on the Malecón, serving seafood. I ate here the first day in Puerto Lopez and ordered Pescado a La Plancha. The fish was good and it was served with rice, plantains and onion. It was $4 (July 2012). To drink I ordered a Jugo de maracuya (passion fruit). There are no juices on the menu, but it will be brought from the juice bar across the street, and it has to be paid when delivered. The juice was $1.25. The price was the same for a batido de frutia which I ordered to drink when I came back two evenings later. The second time I ate at Restaurante Canoa I ordered Pescado a La Plancha again, but this time it was very, very salty. Someone must have dropped the salt shaker over the fish!

Carmita’s

by MalenaN Written Oct 15, 2012

In one of my guidebooks it said that Carmita’s probably was the best of the seafood restaurants along the malecón. Well, I liked Restaurante Canoa where I had eaten the previous night better.

When I arrived there were no customers so I asked if I could eat or if it was too early. It was open and I sat down at a table outside, facing the sea (seen on the other side of the road) and with a good view of people passing by. As soon as I had sat down more people came and as the few tables outside filled up some people asked to get their table taken out onto the pavement in front of my table. Well, they were only two and did not block the view very much.

Unfortunately there was no fish on the menu that evening so I ordered prawns instead. The prawns were breaded and I didn’t like them. As a starter I had a good broccoli soup. To drink I ordered a fresh orange juice, and as at the other restaurants on the Malecón the juices are brought from one of the juice bars by the beach, on the opposite side of the road, and they are paid when delivered.

This is what I paid in July 2012:
    Crema de Broccoli $3
    Camarones apanado con arroz o papas $7
    Orange juice $1.25

• Villa Colombia: Cook yourself

by CaptainAmerica Written May 2, 2004

Our cook Maillekeul

If you stay at Villa Colombia, a charming hotel a few blocks away from the beach, you can cook yourself thanks to the kitchen facilities offered.
    A market is located at 5 minutes from the hotel where you can find any local ingredients you want.
    A cheap and friendly alternative if you want to have a lunch or diner with other travelers from the hotel or even outside the hotel.

• jaffs's Profile Photo

The Mayflower: Breakfast by the beach

by jaffs Written Sep 11, 2003

Popular restaurant, just take a walk down the front and you'll notice it by it's atmosphere. Breakfast was the best, eggs and juice and bread and tea. Dinner was fish and chips (for me) but they have all kinds of seafood dishes like squid and prawns.

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo

The Whale Cafe: North American Mood - Les USA sont la

by Maillekeul Updated Aug 16, 2003

In front of this old ship ! Devant ce bateau !

Super place for north americans or gringos missing their country (what was not our case, unfortunately).
    Possibility to change books too.

Bel endroit pour americains ou gringos regrettant leur pays (ce qui n'etait toutefois pas notre cas).
    Possibilite d'echanger des bouquins.

Favorite Dish: Great pizzas and banana or apple pies...
    A bit expensive but very good

Super pizzas et gateaux de banane ou de pomme
    Un peu cher mais bon

• Mayflower, Carmita or others: Seafood restaurants on the shorefront

by CaptainAmerica Written May 2, 2004

The shorefront

The restaurants on the shorefront serve excellent and not not pricey seafood.

Favorite Dish: Don't miss the ceviches (marinated fish or seafood).

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo

?: The nice place - Un endroit cool

by Maillekeul Updated Aug 31, 2003

We did not test it, but it seemed to be anice place !

On l'a pas essaye, mais c'avait l'air sympa !

Instant Answers: Puerto López

Comments

Puerto López Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto López restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto López sightseeing.