Baeza Travel Guide

Baeza Hotels

• Hotel Samay

There are a few hotels in Baeza and after reading in the guidebooks I decided to check out Hotel...

Baeza Restaurants

by MalenaN Written Nov 3, 2012

Baeza is not a big place, so when I took a walk in the afternoon I had looked for places where I could eat dinner. I saw El Viejo, which was also mentioned in both my guidebooks, so that is where I went in the evening.

As they had trout on the menu I choose that. It was served with French fries, rice and some tomatoes and onions. To drink I had a blackberry juice. The dinner was $7.70 (August 2012). From the beginning I was the only customer but a few more people arrived before I left.

I returned the next morning and was surprised to see quite many people there already. From the menu I chose the American breakfast, which included juice, bread, eggs cheese, butter, jam and coffee. It was $2.50.

El Viejo is open between 7 – 21.

Trout at El Viejo, Baeza, Ecuador

Baeza Transportation

by MalenaN Written Nov 6, 2012

The same day I went to Baeza I had an appointment at Hospital Metropolitano in Quito. So in the morning I went there and had the pins taken out from my wrist. I was given local anesthesia and the doctor made two stitches. After buying medicine, iodine and bandage at the pharmacy I went out to stop a taxi in the street. The taxi driver wanted to have $10 to go to Terminal Quitumbe, but I only wanted to take a taxi with taxi-meter, so he accepted that. When we arrived at Quitumbe the taxi-meter showed just over $5 (August 2012).

At Terminal Quitimbe I first went to eat lunch as I was very hungry and then went to the counter to buy a ticket. Going to Baeza it is best to take the Tena-buses as they pass both Baeza Colonial and Baeza Nueva. The buses for Lago Agrio and Coca pass on the road down by the junction, two km from Baeza Nueva.

The next bus for Tena left at 13 and the ticket for Baeza was $3. At one point the bus stopped for people to have something to eat and to go to the bathroom. The landscape before and after Papallacta (which we passed) was very beautiful, and after the highest point of the road there was a great view over Volcán Antisana. The bus arrived in Baeza around 15.30 and it stopped along the main road, just outside the hotel I had planned to go to.

Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador

by MalenaN Written Nov 3, 2012

To go to Cascada San Rafael you shall take one of the buses passing Baeza for Lago Agrio and Coca. They pass by on the highway down in Baeza Colonial, 2 km from Baeza Nueva where I stayed. I only had a small backpack so it was okay to walk and it took around half an hour. When I came to “La Y” I didn’t have to wait many minutes before a bus headed for Coca arrived. It stopped and I went aboard. The bus was full so I had to stand up for a while, then I sat down on the stairs.

In El Chaco the bus stopped for half an hour for people to eat and go to the bathroom. After El Chaco I got a seat in the front and could see the beautiful scenery with green hills. It was a winding road and many people come up to the driver to get a bag to throw up in.

Before visiting the waterfall I was going to Hostería Reventador so the bus stopped outside the hotel. If you are only visiting the waterfall the turnoff is just a little bit earlier. From Baeza to Hostería Reventador it took two hours, including the stop in El Chaco. For the bus ride I paid $2.50 (August 2012).

La Y, Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador Baeza Colonial, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador Baeza, Ecuador

• Baeza Hotels

1 Hotels in Baeza

Instant Answers: Baeza

Comments

Baeza Travel Guide
Map of Baeza