Local traditions and culture in Provincia de Napo

an offer you can't refuse
    by richiecdisc
    A young tapir in captivity
    by dtimoske

Most Viewed Local Customs in Provincia de Napo

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

sharing a bowl

by richiecdisc Written Apr 10, 2008

One of the highlights of the Sani Lodge stay was visiting our native guide's home and on entering his thatched roof abode we were immediately offered a big silver bowl of a yogurt-like drink that was obviously fermented. It wasn't really all that high in alcohol but between the tropical heat and the enormous size of the bowl it was very relaxing. Also, as soon as it got even near empty (more like half full) it was re-filled without you asking....whether you wanted it or not! I found it interesting but I like sourish lactic beverages so I don't think the average person would really like it. But you have to at least try it or you would look rude. As you can see, our guide loves the stuff and he liked that I enjoyed it too.

an offer you can't refuse
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Ecuadorian Appetizer

by easterntrekker Written Oct 16, 2006

Popcorn!!. I've never seen popcorn served with soup but it's a custom here. The soup was a creamy potatoe and the popcorn is served on the side and you mix it in . It's really good and I guess better for you than crackers!!

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Provincia de Napo Hotels

• Hostal Los Yutzos

When I came to the hotel I was shown a room on the ground floor, in a smaller building on the side....

• Tapir Lodge

Juan Leon Mera N24 - 04 y Wilson, Sector La Mariscal, Cuyabeno 17-17-162, Ecuador

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Families

• Hotel Samay

There are a few hotels in Baeza and after reading in the guidebooks I decided to check out Hotel...

Top Provincia de Napo Hotels

Baeza Hotels
4 Reviews - 43 Photos

Instant Answers: Provincia de Napo

Provincia de Napo Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Provincia de Napo local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincia de Napo sightseeing.
Map of Provincia de Napo