Papallacta Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Papallacta to Quito

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2013

Papallacta

I left Hostería Pampallacta Termales at 8:40 and walked down to the main road. Luckily there were not a lot of barking dogs along the way, as it had been the evening before. It took 20 minutes to walk to the main road and I had thought that I probably had to wait quite long for a passing bus, but luckily a bus was standing at the bus stop when I arrived, and there were also available seats in the bus.

To Quito I paid $2 and it took 2 hours to Terminal Quitumbe.

At Terminal Quitumbe I looked at the signs with taxi charges for different places and saw that it was $5 to Centro Historico (last time I was here I had not found Centro Historico on the sign and thus paid $6). So now I paid $5 for the taxi to Centro Historico. It took more than half an hour.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Papallacta from Tena

by MalenaN Written Aug 31, 2013

In Tena the rain poured down in the morning so I didn’t go to the bus terminal until it had stopped, but of course it started again before I had reached the terminal (it was not very far from my hotel so I walked). I arrived at the terminal at 10 and the next bus for Quito was leaving at 10:30. While I waited I bought some snacks for the bus journey.

The ticket for Papallacta was $4 (August 2013) and the bus company was Flota Pelileo. It took 3.5 hours to Papallacta and most of the time the rain poured down and the windows of the bus were covered with condensation, so unfortunately I missed much of the beautiful views along the route. Outside Baeza I bought a fruit salad with cream from one of the vendors coming aboard to sell things. It was $1.

When the bus passed Papallacta it stopped by the highway, near the village. There was a pickup truck (taxi) standing there and I took it to Hostería Pampallacta Termales which is situated further up. The taxi was $1.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Getting to Pappallacta

by malianrob Written Apr 25, 2006

Catch any bus headed from Quito to Tena or Lago Agrio from the Terminal Terrestre in Quito or from the gas station in Cumbaya, the valley just north of Quito. Ask to be let off at Papallacta. It is just past the large oil pipes coming from the jungle about an hour and a half outside of the city. There is a large sign off the highway and a road leading up the hill, follow the road about 1 km to the entrance to the spas. You will pass small restaurants and hostels along the way.

Instant Answers: Papallacta

Comments

Papallacta Transportation

Reviews and photos of Papallacta transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Papallacta sightseeing.