Tena Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tena

Restaurant Chuquitos

by MalenaN Written Sep 14, 2013

Restaurant Chuquitos is situated on the west side of Río Tena and from many tables you will have a good view over the river. I visited twice and I was surprised that there were not many other customers there, maybe because it was early.

The first time ordered Pollo a La Plancha and a lemonade. While I waited I got a plate of banana crisps and when the chicken arrived it came with both French fries and rice, so it was a filling meal. For food and drink I paid $8.95 (August 2013).

The second time I ordered spaghetti with shrimps and vegetables. I must say that when the dish arrived it looked more like a Chinese dish than a pasta dish, and it also tasted like that. It was good though. The spaghetti with shrimps and vegetables was $7.50, and a glass of red wine was $5.

The restaurant is open daily, from 7:30 - 21:30

Café Tortuga

by MalenaN Written Sep 13, 2013

Café Tortuga I situated on the Malecon, by Río Tena. It is a place visited mostly by tourists, and many are using their computers and mobile phones, as there is free Wi-Fi.

I came here twice. The first time I ordered vegetable crepes, an avocado batido and a coffee. I actually didn’t like the vegetable filling in the crepes as I couldn’t feel the taste of the different vegetables, but only of some spice that I didn’t like, and they were also very soft. The crepe, batido and coffee was $6.60 (August 2013).

The second time I was here I ordered hot chocolate with whipped cream and a maacuja (passionfruit) juice. For those two drinks I paid $3.30.

On the menu you can also find breakfasts, sandwiches, salads, cakes and more.

Café Tortuga is open 7:30 – 21 on Tuesday – Saturday, and 7:30 – 12:30 Sunday – Monday.

Pizzeria Bella Selva

by MalenaN Written Sep 12, 2013

Pizzeria Bella Selva is situated on the Malecon, near Río Tena. The first time I came here I ordered a large piece of meat with French fries and salad. I am usually not a difficult customer, but now I was as I asked them to fry the meat a bit more (it was a very thick piece and to me it was raw inside) and I asked to have a new salad as I didn’t want to have dressing on it. There was no problem to get that.
    For the meal and an orange juice I paid $9 (August 2013).

Miki, who I ate with had pizza and it looked good. Another time I came back to eat a pizza, and then choose one with tomato, cheese and mushrooms. The pizza was quite good, but I think there was too much cheese on it. Pizza and an orange juice was $5.

Frutilandia – Heladeria Lorens

by MalenaN Written Sep 12, 2013

Having lost some weight I needed to eat more and went to Loren’s to have an ice-cream. There seemed to be a lot of choices and I told the guy behind the counter that I wanted to have something with ice-cream and strawberries. He pointed at a picture on the wall of a bowl with ice-cream, cream, strawberries and a little bit of sauce. I ordered it and could choose two scopes of ice-cream. I took vanilla and chocolate. I tasted good, so I came back to have another one, another day. It was $2.50 (August 2013).

At Loren’s you can also eat fruit salads.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Chuquitos bar and restaurant: Chuquitos

by malianrob Updated Jul 7, 2009

When we finally arrived in Tena we were starving. We werent sure where to stop to eat because there are so many places to eat around here.
    We actually picked this place for two reasons: 1. we arrived late on a Sunday and not too many other places were open still and 2. the place looked nice, and clean.
    We were not disappointed. The service was good and the food was great. They had a large menu to choose from but I got my usual Churasco which is Steak, rice, fried egg, salad, and fried bananas. It was yummy.
    We sat in front on what looks like an open terrace over looking the Tena River.

Instant Answers: Tena

Comments

Tena Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tena restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tena sightseeing.