Mindo Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Mindo

Breakfast at La Casa de Cecilia

by MalenaN Written Nov 20, 2012

Breakfast at La Casa de Cecilia, Mindo

When in Mindo I ate breakfast at Casa de Cecilia every morning, except the last morning as the breakfast then was included at the place where I stayed. La Casa de Cecilia is a lovely place to have breakfast in. They have an open-air restaurant by a small river, surrounded by lush vegetation with flowers, birds and butterflies. It is a relaxed place with good breakfast.

The breakfast I ordered consisted of bread, eggs, fruits, juice, coffee, butter and jam. This breakfast was $3.50 (July 2012). Without fruits the breakfast was $2.50.

El Quetzal

by MalenaN Written Nov 16, 2012

Batido de Maracuya,Mindo, Ecuador

El Quetzal is situated north of Parque Central. I first went there to go on their Chocolate tour, but I came back another day to sit down and relax with a fresh fruit juice. I bought a batido de maracuya (passion fruit juice made with milk). It was $3 (July 2012), which is a bit more expensive than in other places around in Ecuador. However, it was delicious and the surroundings were very nice.
    When I was on the chocolate tour I tasted their brownie and it was yummy.

At El Quetzal you can also have coffee, locally gown, breakfast, sandwiches and meals. Much of the vegetables served are grown in their own organic garden.

Restaurant Pablito

by MalenaN Updated Nov 12, 2012

Restaurant Pablito, Mindo

After I had arrived to Mindo and left my luggage I went out to look for lunch. It was quite late but I hoped I would find a restaurant that still served the set lunch menu. Restaurant Pablito on the main street looked like a place that would have a set lunch menu so I went there, and yes I could have lunch.

In the soup there was very overcooked pasta, and on the main plate there were beans (which I don’t like), rice, plantains, fried fish and some tomatoes and onions. I have had many much better set lunches, but anyway I got some food and could continue to look around in Mindo. The lunch, including a juice, was $2.50 (July 2012).

Restaurant at Mariposas de Mindo

by MalenaN Written Nov 13, 2012

Restaurant at Mariposas de Mindo

After visiting Mariposas de Mindo I thought it would be good to eat something before starting the walk back to Mindo. I was a bit hungry and it looked peaceful to sit in the empty restaurant beside the garden for a while.

From the menu I ordered a sandwich with avocado, egg, tomatoes and cheese. It was served with French fries. To drink I had a fresh mango juice and on the glass they had put slices of melon. It all tasted very good, and the price was $7.76 (2012).

Lunch on Avenida Sucre

by MalenaN Written Nov 14, 2012

Lunch in Mindo

One of the days in Mindo I ate lunch at a small restaurant on Avenida Sucre, west of Parque Central. I had seen they prepared some of the food on the grill outside the restaurant and went there to ask for almuerzo (a set lunch menu). They had set lunch menus and I first got the soup, which was good with lots of vegetables in it. The main course was chicken, rice, potatoes and cucumber. To drink there was a juice. The lunch was good and it was $2.50 (July 2012). Later day I got problems with the stomach, and I wonder if it was because of the lunch, but I’m not sure.

Restaurante Las Cascadas de Mindo

by MalenaN Written Nov 15, 2012

Trucha a La Plancha, Mindo

Restaurante Las Cascadas de Mindo is situated on Avenida Quito, not far from Parque Central. They have a very good Tucha de La Plancha (trout) which I can recommend. The trout was served with rice, patacones and vegetables. It was $6.75 (July 2012). The lemon juice was $1.50 and so was the passion fruit juice.

Sometimes they have a few tables on the pavement outside the restaurant, where you can sit and watch people go by.

A German café (Oasia)

by MalenaN Written Nov 12, 2012

Eating in MIndo, Ecuador

Coming back from a long hike to the waterfalls I saw two people I had met the previous day when going to Mindo. They sat outside a small café and had just eaten German sausages with potato salad and recommended it. I was very hungry and decided to order the same, and to drink I had a strawberry batido (juice made with milk). The food and drink was $4.75 (July 2012) and it tasted very good.

I think the café/restaurant is called Oasis, but I’m not sure. It is a small place, south of Parque Central. They serve breakfast, salads, soups, homemade bread, German specialties and desserts.

One of the restaurants on Avenida Quito

by MalenaN Written Nov 14, 2012

Trout in Mindo

When I was in Mindo I ate at many different restaurants. One of them is situated on Avenida Quito, in the corner with Sixto Durán Ballén. Previous days I had seen lots of people there, so I thought the food must be good. I came quite early so there were no other customers in the restaurant. I ordered a guanabana juice and trout. The trout was prepared in a big oven and was served with rice, plantains and tomatoes and onions. It was $7.50 (July 2012).

At the restaurant they also serve lunch and dinner, and pizza.

Restaurante El Chef: Lomo a la piedra

by malianrob Written Jan 5, 2007

The last time I came to Mindo I stoped here to eat and I discovered the best steak in all of Ecuador. Since then I have dreamed of the day that I would come back and try this steak again. So now 2007 I finally get back to Mindo and I head back to this place and ......They dont have steak today! UHHHHG!
    They did have steak for churrasco but not the Lomo a la piedra. So I had the churrasco and it was pretty good.

Favorite Dish: Lomo a la Piedra. (steak cooked ontop of a rock.)
    Thick piece of tender steak with just right seasoning and very juicy.

• metteks's Profile Photo

Several nice restaurants in Mindo

by metteks Written Jan 29, 2006

In Mindo there are several nice restaurants. The numbers of restaurants are quiet high, because the town gets many visitors from Quito at weekends. Some are located on the main street and some are in the other streets, so have a look around. There is even a pizzeria (as I recall it is located close to the football stadium). Many places serve grilled fish (trout).

Favorite Dish: I haven't tried that many restaurants, because I stayed with a family.

Pizzeria Don Pan: Pizzeria

by malianrob Written Jan 5, 2007

The Pizza in Ecuador isnt like the pizza that we are used to in the States. They use alot more oregano. The cheese is different. The crust is different also. They dont really use pepperoni its more like a type of sausage.
    Well, this pizza here in Mindo was OK. nothing special to write home about but it was OK.
    We got a large pizza for about $11.00
    I didnt see another place around here that sold pizza.

Restaurante Omarcito: Local food

by malianrob Written Jan 5, 2007

I cant exactly rave about this place. The food wasnt bad but it wasnt great either. I had churrasco like always and Rob had a ceviche. He said his ceviche was alright.
    This place was ok if there just isnt anything else.

Good Steak

by malianrob Written May 8, 2006

I wish i could remeber the name of this place.... but i do remember that the steak was very good. ...I know, not much help huh?

Instant Answers: Mindo

Comments

Mindo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mindo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mindo sightseeing.