San Antonio Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Quito to La Mitad del Mundo, and back

by MalenaN Written May 6, 2012

Volcan Cotopaxi

La Mitad del Mundo is situated in San Antonio, 22km north of Quito, and to go there I had to take the Metrobus from La Marín to the end station Ofelia. I had used the Metrobus, but also Ecovía, several times during my visits in Quito but somehow I went to the wrong platform. The bus took a familiar route and I didn’t pay much attention to it. It was not until I saw Centro Comercial Quicentro that I realised I was on the Ecovía and not the Metrobus. Well, it was not far to the end station Río Coca and from there it was a strait walk about 1.5km to La Y, one of the stops on the Motorbus -line. A ride on Metrobus or Ecovía is $0.25.

From Ofelia there are frequent buses to La Mitad del Mundo. That bus ride took just over half an hour and the ticket, which I bought on the bus, was $0.15 (August 2011).

Going back to Quito I waited for a bus at the roundabout, by the entrance to the Mitad del Mundo-monument. This time I paid $040 on the bus, but this price also included the transfer to the Metrobus.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

By Bus

by filipdebont Written Jan 18, 2004

Ecuadorian License plate

Coming from La Reserva Biologica de Maquipucuna, we travelled to the South with our own bus.

Our destination was La Hacienda Cienega in Lasso, but on this trip we stopped in San Antonio in order to visit La Mitad del Mundo. This is a very touristy spot, but to me it is kind of a must see.

Instant Answers: San Antonio

Comments

San Antonio Transportation

Reviews and photos of San Antonio transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Antonio sightseeing.