Ingapirca Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Ingapirca

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Written Aug 16, 2011

Lunch at Posada Ingapirca

Just a few hundred metres above the archaeological site in Ingapirca is Posada Ingapirca. I had heard that it is a beautiful place and decided to go there to see if they served lunch. There were no other lunch guests at the moment but there was lunch so I sat down in the restaurant. It was a lovely room with a nice view through the window, and traditional music was played in a low volume from a music player.

First I was served an alcoholic drink and was shown which herb that was used in it. Than I got a bowl of Mote de maiz before the soup of the day arrived, a Sopa de Quinoa. For the main plate I had trout, which was served with French fries and salad. To drink I had a fresh juice made from the tomato tree and after the meal a coffee. It was a filling and delicious meal.

This was the most expensive meal I had in Ecuador. After service and IVA tax was added it rounded up to $16 (July 2011).

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Restaurant at Hostal El Huasipungo

by MalenaN Written Aug 17, 2011

Rice and chicken at El Huasipungo

The rooms at Hostal El Huasipungo is upstairs and the restaurants is downstairs. I had intended to eat there in the evening, but it seemed like they had closed for the day. When I asked for something too eat one of the girls, who were sweeping the floor, ran out in to the kitchen to have a look. She came back and told me I could have some chicken and rice, which I was grateful for. There was not much meat on the chicken, but there was a lot of rice and some onion and tomato on the plate. I also got a pineapple juice to drink. For the meal and juice I paid $2.50 (July 2011).

I'm sure you can also have breakfast here, but as I left already at 6am, I didn't.

Instant Answers: Ingapirca

Comments

Ingapirca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ingapirca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ingapirca sightseeing.