Ingapirca Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Cuenca to Ingapirca

by MalenaN Updated Jul 19, 2011

Temple of the Sun, Ingapirca

In the morning I took a taxi from the hotel in Cuenca to the bus terminal. It was $2. At the terminal I looked for Transportes Cañar which have direct buses to Ingapirca at 9am ( the bus left 5 minutes earlier, so don't come late). The ticket was $2.50 (July 2011) and to Ingapirca it took about two hours. There were many tourists on the bus and they were all going to return to Cuenca after visiting the ruins. The bus was going to return to Cuenca at 13.15, which ment the visitors would only get a little bit more than two hours to see the site. This was a Saturday so there were no more direct buses, but on weekdays there is also a bus returning at 16.00. If you want to stay longer you can allways take one of the local buses to El Tambo (by the Panamerican Highway) and from there take one of the buses coming from north heading to Cuenca.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Ingapirca to Baños

by MalenaN Updated Jul 19, 2011

The road above Ingapirca

From Ingapirca there are frequent buses to El Tambo and Cañar. The first bus in the morning is leaving around 6.10 and that is the one I took when leaving Ingapirca, because I had a long journey ahead of me and I didn´t want to arrive to Baños too late. The bus stopped many times along the way to pick up people and their goods. To El Tambo it was $0.50 (July 2011) and it took half an hour. In El Tambo I got off by the park where it would be easy to stop a bus heading north. It was early Sunday morning and still empty in the streets, but a shop nearby was open so I went there to by biscuits and water for breakfast. As I came out of the shop a bus just arrived and when I asked they said they were going to Ambato. The ticket to Ambato was $6. In the begining the driver drove like crazy, maybe because there were not much traffic on the road. Anyway he later slowed down. In Alausi we were supposed to stay 10 minutes, but I think we were there almost half an hour.

In Riobamba the young man working on the bus told me I had to change bus, but as I had already paid to Ambato he gave me $1.25 back for the bus to Ambato and he showed me were it was standing.

In Ambato I was not going to the main terminal because the buses for Baños leave from Mayorista Terminal. I was dropped near Mayorista and was told to wait by the road (near a roundabout) for the Baños bus. Other people did the same and after 10-15 minutes a bus arrived. To Baños it was $1 and it took less than an hour.

I arrived to Baños just after one o'clock so the journey had taken seven hours. In every bus I had my big backpack by my feet and he smaller backpack in my knee.

Instant Answers: Ingapirca

Comments

Ingapirca Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ingapirca transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ingapirca sightseeing.