Riobamba Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Riobamba

La Vienesa – Panaderia & Cafeteria

by MalenaN Written Aug 19, 2013

Lunch was not included in the bicycle tour to Chimborazo, but we had been recommended to order sandwiches from La Vienesa (Pro Bici made the order). I had ordered two chicken sandwiches and they were ready when we came to pick them up in the morning. Besides chicken there was salad, tomatoes and a sauce on the sandwiches. They tasted quite good and were filling. Each chicken sandwich was $2.25 (July 2013). The vegetarian sandwiches were cheaper.

When we came to pick the sandwiches up the café was busy with customers eating breakfast. It was also possible to buy snacks or a take away coffee to bring on the journey.

by MalenaN Written Aug 18, 2013

Chifa Casa China

The day I had been on the Chimborazo biking tour we came back quite late to Riobamba and I didn’t want to walk too far for food, but I didn’t want to have fried chicken and French fries. Casa China was situated just a few blocks away from my hotel so that is where I went.

I ordered noodles with shrimps and a lemonade. The portion was very big, so even if it was good I could not eat it all. For the meal and drink I paid $6.30 (July 2013). A small bottle of water was $0.60.
    It was a nice relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant.
    Casa China is open between 10 and 22.

El Rey del Burrito

by MalenaN Written Aug 18, 2013

El Rey del Burrito

The person I was eating dinner with was a vegetarian and as it said in the guidebook that they serve good vegetarian options at El Rey del Burrito we went there. We were not disappointed as the meals were good and filling.

While we waited for the food we got a plate of nachos and guacamole. I ordered a burrito with chicken and a batido de mora (blackberry smoothie). I had a cough and couldn’t eat everything at once, so I got half of the burrito in a bag and ate it later at the hotel. I also asked for hot water with some sugar and lemon, and they were kind to serve that to me.

For both of us the bill ended at $16 and I think that what we had ordered were about the same so we each paid $8 (July 2013).

We were surprised that we were the only customers in the restaurant (as the food was good), but it was a Monday and quite early.

• lemondrop's Profile Photo

Pizzeria San Valentin: Where the Action(and Pizza) is

by lemondrop Updated Jan 29, 2008

Gooey goodness

This is a very popular place and often fills up with happy customers. The menu is mostly pizzas(tasty) and mexican selections. Lots of music and beer drinking going on. Locals like to have birthday parties here too.

Favorite Dish: The Veg-out Pizza

Instant Answers: Riobamba

Comments

Riobamba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Riobamba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Riobamba sightseeing.