Riobamba Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Riobamba

Restaurant La Fogata

by MalenaN Written Sep 17, 2014

I have eaten lunch here a few times and there was always many other lunch guests there as well. The set lunch (almuerzo) was $2.50 (July 2014).
    The first time the soup was large and filling and after that I got a plate with meat, rice and potatoe. The drink was papaya juice.
    La Fogata is situated next to Chifa Casa China, opposite the train station.

Deli Prestigios Gourmet – Panaderia y pasteleria

by MalenaN Written Sep 17, 2014

Deli Prestigios Gourmet is a small place on 10 de Agosto, the main street through the city. They sell bread, pastries, cakes, chocolate and ice cream. You can also order sandwiches and cakes.
    They have two tables and I sat down here for a while with an ice cream and coffee. It was $2 (July 2014).

Chifa Casa China

by MalenaN Updated Sep 17, 2014

The day I had been on the Chimborazo biking tour we came back quite late to Riobamba and I didn’t want to walk too far for food, but I didn’t want to have fried chicken and French fries. Casa China was situated just a few blocks away from my hotel so that is where I went.

I ordered noodles with shrimps and a lemonade. The portion was very big, so even if it was good I could not eat it all. For the meal and drink I paid $6.30 (July 2013). A small bottle of water was $0.60.
    It was a nice relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant.
    Casa China is open between 10 and 22.
    __________________________________________________________________________
    Update 2014: I came here to eat one evening and than I ordered noodles again, but this time with chicken. It was a good and large meal and I could far from eat it all. It was $5.80 (July 2014). I also bought noodles with shrimps one evening to take away. The box was full of food, but they didn't have a plastic fork, only a spoon, which of course was impossible to eat noodles with. I borrowed a fork at the hotel.

Chifa Casa China Riobamba

Green Frost

by MalenaN Written Sep 17, 2014

I think Green Frost is a quite new place, because I can’t remember seeing it when I visited Riobamba in 2013. At Green Frost they sell natural frozen yogurt with topping. As topping you can get different fruits, nuts and sauces. I paid $1.50 (July 2014) for a frozen yogurt with fruits and $0.40 for a bottle of coca-cola.

Baltimore – Bar Cafeteria

by MalenaN Written Sep 17, 2014

On Avenida Borja, northwest of the train station, there are several restaurants and bars with outdoor tables. One of them is Baltimore. I needed something to eat, but not too much as I had been sick (food poisoned). At Baltimore I bought two small burritos to take away. While I waited I got some nacho chips (which I ate) and also in the box with the burritos there were some. Coming back to the hotel to eat I couldn’t eat. There was too much cheese in the burritos and on the nacho chips as well and the food just grew in my mouth. I didn’t like the burritos, but I’m sure I would have done if the circumstances had been different.

La Vienesa – Panaderia & Cafeteria

by MalenaN Written Aug 19, 2013

Lunch was not included in the bicycle tour to Chimborazo, but we had been recommended to order sandwiches from La Vienesa (Pro Bici made the order). I had ordered two chicken sandwiches and they were ready when we came to pick them up in the morning. Besides chicken there was salad, tomatoes and a sauce on the sandwiches. They tasted quite good and were filling. Each chicken sandwich was $2.25 (July 2013). The vegetarian sandwiches were cheaper.

When we came to pick the sandwiches up the café was busy with customers eating breakfast. It was also possible to buy snacks or a take away coffee to bring on the journey.

El Rey del Burrito

by MalenaN Written Aug 18, 2013

The person I was eating dinner with was a vegetarian and as it said in the guidebook that they serve good vegetarian options at El Rey del Burrito we went there. We were not disappointed as the meals were good and filling.

While we waited for the food we got a plate of nachos and guacamole. I ordered a burrito with chicken and a batido de mora (blackberry smoothie). I had a cough and couldn’t eat everything at once, so I got half of the burrito in a bag and ate it later at the hotel. I also asked for hot water with some sugar and lemon, and they were kind to serve that to me.

For both of us the bill ended at $16 and I think that what we had ordered were about the same so we each paid $8 (July 2013).

We were surprised that we were the only customers in the restaurant (as the food was good), but it was a Monday and quite early.

El Rey del Burrito

• lemondrop's Profile Photo

Pizzeria San Valentin: Where the Action(and Pizza) is

by lemondrop Updated Jan 29, 2008

This is a very popular place and often fills up with happy customers. The menu is mostly pizzas(tasty) and mexican selections. Lots of music and beer drinking going on. Locals like to have birthday parties here too.

Favorite Dish: The Veg-out Pizza

Gooey goodness Great pizzas

Instant Answers: Riobamba

Comments

Riobamba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Riobamba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Riobamba sightseeing.