Montañita Favorites

by malianrob
    by lemondrop

Most Recent Favorites in Montañita

• malianrob's Profile Photo

They say that there is no crime in Montanita...

by malianrob Updated Mar 20, 2008

Favorite thing: Everyone you talk to can tell you that there is virtually no crime in Montanita. I dont know how true that is considering I hardly ever saw a cop or security around (other than at the ATM/bank in front of our hotel.
    But no i really never felt unsafe here or threatened or anything. I still used my best judgement like I do when traveling though. Its hard to imagine a place like Montanita where there are drugs around (although people do look the other way at it) and in South America, in a poor country where there isnt crime. Hard to imagine. But let me tell you this:
    One night, our first night in Montanita, we were partying and drinking heavily until the early morning hours. By the time we went to bed most of us were half functioning any more. One of the ladys in our group, Anita left her purse behind. She had money, ID, everything you can think of in there. It was morning when she realized that she lost her purse. She went alittle nuts for a minute and went to the front desk to see if maybe, by chance, someone might have turn something in. She hoped that at least an ID or something. The front desk clerk at our hotel said "yes, here is your purse. You left it out on the table and one of our guys turned it in for you." When she checked her purse, everything was in there. Even her cash and credit cards. Now that is something.

Fondest memory: The uniqueness of Montanita is what I loved the most. That and being together with my family.
    Montanita is what you want it to be. It could be a family spot, a singles spot, relaxation, or party hard location.
    We were a group of mostly family ranging in ages of 85years old (my great uncle) to 4years old (my baby Kekoa). This was a good trip.
    I hope to make it back some day.

• lemondrop's Profile Photo

Getting your stinky laundry done

by lemondrop Updated Apr 27, 2007
    Juanita and family at the lavanderia

Favorite thing: If you are running out of clean clothes and a pile of filthy stuff is accumulating, head down to Jaunitas Lavanderia. If you drop your stuff off before noon, she will probably have it done by 6pm or so. The cost is about $1 per pound.

• Fishers

by CaptainAmerica Written May 1, 2004

Favorite thing: They are some remaining fishermen in Montanita. You don't see them in the part of the village where the hotels and restaurants are located but they are here to fish for you. I hope that, at least, the uprising of this part of the coast allow them to get a bit of money...

• lemondrop's Profile Photo

Nice neighborhood around LaPunta beach

by lemondrop Written Apr 27, 2007
    Local kids at play

Favorite thing: The area 10 minues walk north of Montanita town is a great place to stay(Unless you are an avid party animal). It has a great laid back feel with nice residents and cool kids.

Instant Answers: Montañita

Comments

Montañita Favorites

Reviews and photos of Montañita favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Montañita sightseeing.