Puyo Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Puyo

From Puyo to Tena

by MalenaN Written Aug 4, 2013

Waiting for the bus

I took a taxi from El Jardin where I had been staying to the bus terminal, and as all taxis within the city it was $1 (August 2013). At the bus terminal there didnt seem to be to many buses to Tena during the day, but it was 9.20 and outside Expressos Baños office I saw that they had a bus at 9.30. However their office was closed. Another bus company had a bus at 9.45 so I asked there and was told that the buses dont arrive to the terminal but I must go to the highway and a bus stop for Tena. I took another taxi there and it just took a few minutes.

At 9.30 the bus for Tena arrived. It didnt leave immediately but stayed by the road for 15 minutes. There was no problem to get a seat and as usual I brought my big backpack into the bus too. The ticket was $2.50 and already at 11.30 the bus arrived in Tena. The bus terminal in Tena is quite centrally located so from there I walked to the hotel.

To Puyo from Riobamba

by MalenaN Written Aug 1, 2013

From the hotel in Riobamba to the bus terminal I took a taxi, and as all taxi journeys within town it was $1 (July 2013). When I arrived to the terminal I didnt go to the counters but went straight to the buses to see if there was a bus leaving right away. I knew I had to change bus in Ambato and luckily there was a bus leaving within a few minutes for Quito. I made sure it was passing Mayorista in Ambato, where I knew buses for Puyo would pass and it was. I paid on the bus and it was $1.25 to Ambato and it took 1 hour.

Near Mayorista in Ambato I waited about 15 minutes at a bus stop for a passing bus that was going to Puyo. When the bus was passing Baños I was glad I had not decided to go there as the rain poured down. However the view along the road is beautiful as the road goes along the green valley of Rio Pastaza. The bus from Ambato to Puyo took 1.5 hours and it was $1.90 (July 2013).

In Puyo I looked for a taxi but not many arrived at the terminal. I crossed the road and immediately a taxi stopped. It was $1 to the hotel in down town.

From Puyo to Baños

by MalenaN Written Sep 15, 2011

View from the bus

The terminal in Puyo is situated about a kilometre from the city centre along the road to Baños. As I was arriving to Puyo by bicycle from Baños and stopped at the terminal I never saw the centre of Puyo. I arrived at 17.00 and the next bus to Baños was leaving half an hour later. The man working on the bus put my bike in the compartment below and I paid him $1 as that was what he wanted to have for taking the bike on the bus. Then I went inside the terminal and bought the ticket at the office. The ticket to Baños was $2 (July 2011) and the ride took just over 1.5 hours. It is a very beautiful road, especially closer to Baños, where you will pass many waterfalls. In Baños the bus stopped on Amazonas, just by the terminal.

• Getting on the right bus

by NicoG Written Sep 12, 2007

This is more about getting out of Puyo. But don't believe the people outside the terminal when they say that theirs is the next bus to go. They are normally actual workers of the bus companies but they want you on their bus.

You'll get your ticket and then sit and watch other buses going where you are going leave before you!

Instant Answers: Puyo

Comments

Puyo Transportation

Reviews and photos of Puyo transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puyo sightseeing.