• Things to Do
  • Things to Do
    Puyo

• Build a Huaorani hut

Well, I have to admit, without some help from Eduardo, our excellent guide, our dwelling would probably not have been inhabitable...The idea is to keep adding layers of overlapping leaves until you can bend them over and sleep underneath.

• Have a blowpipe competition

When we were first told that we would have a blowpipe competition we imagined a little pipe which you hold between two fingers and then blow a dart out of it. Well, the dart-bit was correct, but unfortunately the pipe was nearly 3 metres long and resembled a thin, straight alphorn rather than the little hollow twig that we had imagined it to be.The...

• Weave a leaf-basket

It really looked very simple when our guide was doing it, and he had it done in no time at all.We all got little baskets to take away with us, and I took mine back to Quito. Unfortunately they are very perishable, and by the time I was flying back home it had already started to wilt away. But I had to smile when I was at Atlanta airport and then...

• Taste the lemon ant tree

As the name suggest, when you scratch off the bark and then lick the branch it tastes very zingy, like lemon. As the name also suggests, it is covered in little ants, and it took a lot of coercion before I finally tasted it. And it wasn't that bad, after all :-).

• Go for a nightwalk in the forest

It is amazing how many animals you will find after dark which are hidden during the day, particularly from the creepy-crawly category. Apart from that it's just a very special experience to be out in the forest in the dark and to listen to all the strange noises around you.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Provincia del Pastaza? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Provincia del Pastaza Hotels

Top Provincia del Pastaza Hotels

Puyo Hotels
21 Reviews - 239 Photos

Instant Answers: Provincia del Pastaza

Comments

Provincia del Pastaza Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Provincia del Pastaza things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Provincia del Pastaza sightseeing.
Map of Provincia del Pastaza