Ambato Transportation

Waiting for the bus near Mayorista
    Ambato
    by MalenaN
    Ambato, bus to the terminal

Most Recent Transportation in Ambato

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Riobamba to Ambato, and on to Puyo

by MalenaN Written Aug 11, 2013
    Waiting for the bus near Mayorista

From the hotel in Riobamba to the bus terminal I took a taxi, and as all taxi journeys within town it was $1 (July 2013). When I arrived to the terminal I didn’t go to the counters but went straight to the buses to see if there was a bus leaving right away. I knew I had to change bus in Ambato and luckily there was a bus leaving within a few minutes for Quito. I made sure it was passing Mayorista in Ambato, where I knew buses for Puyo would pass and it was. I paid on the bus and it was $1.25 to Ambato and it took 1 hour.

Near Mayorista in Ambato I waited about 15 minutes at a bus stop for a passing bus that was going to Puyo. When the bus was passing Baños I was glad I had not decided to go there as the rain poured down. However the view along the road is beautiful as the road goes along the green valley of Rio Pastaza. The bus from Ambato to Puyo took 1.5 hours and it was $1.90 (July 2013).

In Puyo I looked for a taxi but not many arrived at the terminal. I crossed the road and immediately a taxi stopped. It was $1 to the hotel in down town.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Latacunga to Ambato, and back

by MalenaN Written Sep 7, 2012

Ambato

I walked to the bus terminal and just as I arrived a bus outside the terminal was leaving for Ambato. I hopped on and got a seat. I sat next to a man from Ambato whose name was Darwin. Near Ambato there was a lot of traffic and the bus travelled slowly. In Ambato I had planed to go to the terminal and take a bus to the centre from there. Darwin told me it was better to go off the bus at another place were the buses would pass by. So we went off and so did most people. Before a bus arrived a taxi came. Darwin who was in a hurry back to his work stopped the taxi and as his work was in the centre I could come along . The bus journey from Latacunga took 1h and it was $1 (July 2012).

When it was time to go back to Latacunga in the afternoon I went to Parque 12 de Noviembre from where the buses to the terminal left. I went on board and paid $0.25. I never saw the terminal and when I asked a man about it he told me we had already passed it, but the bus would turn and go downhill again. I could then go off at a roundabout and walk a short distance from there to the terminal. So I got some sightseeing of residential areas of Ambato too.

At the terminal I didn’t see a ticket booth selling tickets to Latacunga. When I asked for it I was told to go directly to the buses outside. There I saw people queuing for the Quito bus. A bus got full and left and another arrived immediately after. I got a seat on that bus. IN Latacunga the bus stopped a few blocks from the bus terminal. Once again the journey took 1h and cost $1.

Instant Answers: Ambato

Comments

Ambato Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ambato transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ambato sightseeing.