Stanley Shopping

• Absolutely beautiful! But do u want to lug them?
    Absolutely beautiful! But do u want to...
    Originality
    Penguins Mania

Most Recent Shopping in Stanley

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

The Falkland Wool Centre: Wool from the Falklands!

by HispanicYob Written Jan 10, 2009

The place on the entire Falkland Islands where you guy purchase genuine wool products and accessories. The Falklands is such a windy and cold place that if you plan on staying here a while it wouldn't hurt to check out some of the wares in this tranquil little shop. All the stuff is original Falkland sheep wool made only the most traditional methods. A few of the items for sale include beanies, toques, and blankets.

What to buy: Things are quite pricey by American standards. A beany for example costs about US $21.00.

What to pay: from US 19.00 onwards

• Hiking and Walking
    • Cruise
    • Camping

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

FIC West Store: Penguins for sale ;-)

Penguins Mania

What to buy: These penguins are nice. If you are not traveling elsewhere after your trip to the Antarctica, I suggest you get these if you truly want a penguin!

I've seen lots of people buying stuff toys, esp. those of penguins on the ship. They are cute but I don't hug any stuff toys in bed... I never did, not even as a child. So, don't get me one but I know you won't anyhow ;-)

Capstan Gift Shop: Secret Worlds

Originality

What to buy: I've no idea what these really are. Probably some kind of decorative items. But they sure are unique! This is the first time I've seen them! I won't mind it if my boyfriend get me one of these. ;-) Unique item!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Pastimes: Oh God, more T-shirts!

More T-shirts?

What to buy: If you haven't got enough T-shirts, by all means buy more. ;-)

As for me, I didn't buy any but I think these are very nice T-shirts. I did buy some ties with penguins on them for my friends & colleagues. Again, not cheap but reasonably priced for ties, imho. At least it's closer to prices for normal ties than the T-shirts are! & probably will last a long longer as well!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Harbourview Gift Shop: Mugs, haven't you have enough?

by Sharrie Updated Jun 3, 2004

Absolutely beautiful! But do u want to lug them?

Generally most gift shops in Stanley are great. They offer a wide range of products & one of the best qualities I've seen so far in this part of the world! So make sure you get your fair share of shopping & souvenirs here. U won't have much chances in Antarctica. The products offered are well-designed & I like them very much. But beware of the prices! They are all quoted in Pounds Sterling & NOT cheap at all!

Lots of penguins designed souvenirs & I esp. like the aprons & mitts. Don't bother with heavy items like the mugs unless you are a collector!

Instant Answers: Stanley

Comments

Stanley Shopping

Reviews and photos of Stanley shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stanley sightseeing.