Nightclubs and bars in Guyana

Patio at Windies
    by DSwede
  • Nightlife
    by Aafia
    this was at the amerindian festival
    by c_daisymae

Most Viewed Nightlife in Guyana

• Aafia's Profile Photo

The Night Sky: Star-Gazing

by Aafia Updated Jun 13, 2007

One of the advantages of traveling in a remote area is being able to view a beautiful starry night without the disadvantages of light pollution. Most of our camping spots allowed us a 360° horizon so we could view stars from every angle.
    We were all familiar with our northern skies and some of us had the opportunity to observe the southern skies, but skies that are close to the equator are a blend of the two. Orion, the Hunter, considered the finest constellation in the sky, was a snap to find. Canis Major, one of Orion's dogs, was easy to find as well, thanks to Sirius, the brightest star in the sky and part of the constellation.
    We were lucky to have an amateur astronomer among us willing to share his knowledge. Well, I thought we were lucky until he woke us up at 1 in the morning to observe the Southern Cross! Now that's getting a little carried away.

Dress Code: Whatever makes you comfortable.

• Camping

• c_daisymae's Profile Photo

Gerry's: a different kind of night out

by c_daisymae Written Mar 5, 2007

it's sure different partying in Guyana. We would pull up to the bar, park on the side of the road, get our drinks at the bar and sit on our cars and drink outside. Keep in mind, we were with locals! i wouldn't do this on my own!

• grets's Profile Photo

In the rain forest: Spend the night in a hammock

by grets Written Nov 3, 2004

In the hinterland, a lot of accommodation is in make-shift hammock camps.

I chose the hammock nearest the jungle, as I wanted to spend the night, knowing that between me and acres of wild, virgin rainforest, was just a thin mosquito net! What an experience! I have spent the night in a hammock before, and I sleep remarkably well in those contraptions, so I was really looking forward to the night spent here.

I was not disappointed! The sounds of the jungle at night, the incredible darkness, the knowledge that there was a wild, wild jungle out there, the wake-up call from the howler monekys in the morning - it was all magical! This really was one of the highlights of the trip!

Dress Code: Although not absolutely necessary, I changed into my night clothes. It does not get cold as such during the night, but I was chilly enough to put a sheet over me.

Any rainforest trail: Nocturnal walks

by grets Written Nov 3, 2004

Led by a guide (it is very easy indeed to get lost in the rain forest during the hours of darkness), you can explore the trails around the camps.

Many animals which are not seen during the day come out at night, we saw nightjars, bats, many insects and frogs, fire flies amongst others.

There is a completely different atmosphere in the forest at night, and I would really recommend taking at least one nocturnal walk during your stay in the interior.

Dress Code: Good walking boots. A torch to see where you are going - a head torch leaves your hands free. A head net to protect you from the pesky little flies which a head torch attracts.

• Hiking and Walking

Any river: Nocturnal boat trips

by grets Written Nov 3, 2004

A popular activity during the hours of darkness, is a boat trip on the river. There are many creatures who come out during the night, but our main wildlife spotting was the spectacles Caiman.

I really loved the eerie silence and total darkness, 17 people plus guide and boatmen, all completely quiet. Absolutely amazing!

Dress Code: Dress to protect yourself from mosquitos, with long trousers and a long sleeved shirt. A tocrch is essential. A mosquito head net is recommended.

• Sailing and Boating

• Bgem's Profile Photo

When in Georgetown, the...

by Bgem Written Sep 7, 2002

When in Georgetown, the capital city, there are many night spots, bars and discos to choose from to have a night to remember
    '''''''''
    For a relaxed astomsphere you can hang out at Black Magic Bar, located at the Tower Hotel or you can choose Past Time Rooftop Gardens, located in Barr Street Kitty, here you can get a roof top view of a small section of Georgetown as well as a cool 'seawall' breeze to set the mood right
    ''''''''''
    On weekends, the action is at The Night Flight Disco, where the party mood goes full swing almost whole night long
    ''''''''''''''
    The Players Club is the place to be on Saturdays for a night of hot dancing...
    '''''''''''''
    Other hot spots in town for a night out are Buddy's Night Club and Pool Bar, Blue Note Pub, The Sidewalk Cafe and The Pentagon among others
    Night Flight Disco is Georgetown No.1 hot spot, can't beat that!
    '''''''''''''
    The Players Club, is for players who has bones in their bodies, so get down there on Saturday and dance down de house
    ''''''''''''''
    Blue Note has cool action which can get hot when the BIg stero sets hit the town. At Buddy's there is much to do and see and you can try your hands at a game of pools....

Dress Code: At the Flight, it is mostly a young people 'thing', so naturally they wear what is the lastest fashion craze to hit the town for a night out partying
    ''''''''''''
    At Players, the dress code is more formal, but if you know how to blend your clothes and look trendy you are in....
    ''''''''''''
    All others it depends on what the action is all about...

• simbac2001's Profile Photo

Guyana is rich in the quality...

by simbac2001 Written Sep 7, 2002

Guyana is rich in the quality and variety of its nightlife. Nightclubs, Pubs/bars such as The Sheriff, Club Blue Note, Nightflight, Tennesse, Bubby's Pool Bar here where you can enjoy in the excitement and breathtaking dancing to Calypso, reggae, soul... dress code is casual of course.....here you don't have to be a Guyanese to be Guyanese, all located in Georgetown.

And for you Jazz lovers there's Sidewalk Cafe located in Middle Street, Georgetown...exclusive open air atmosphere.

Want to dance chutney till you drop then dance to the sounds of Pete's Caribbean Fusion.

• Eph99's Profile Photo

There are many small clubs. I...

by Eph99 Written Aug 26, 2002

There are many small clubs. I went to a seemingly small place where I found two floors and crazy dancing until the wee hours of the morning.

In the jungle, I went to the mine workers club.
    At the workers club spotted a pack of stray dogs wandering the grounds. Had to have a few more bottles of beer before wondering back to my quarters.

Dress Code: Shirt Jack for the guys, ladies are hip to the latest styles.

• The Latino Bar, Le...

by GypsyCanuck Written Aug 26, 2002

The Latino Bar, Le Meridien/Pegasus Hotel
    Only opened in the last year, this bar has become the night spot in Georgetown, rivalling previous favourite. the Palm Court. Good music (Latin of course) and a friendly atmosphere. The best night I am told is Friday (I'v only been there Monday to Thursday).

Dress Code: Smart Casual

• d1955q's Profile Photo

they are all great but their...

by d1955q Written Aug 24, 2002

they are all great but their music is about 5 years behind us
    alot of fun met great people

Dress Code: our fashions are slightly overdressed casual or what ever you have are the best but make sure its light it is very hot there

Guyana Hotels

Lethem Hotels
5 Reviews - 6 Photos
Cane Grove Hotels

Instant Answers: Guyana

Comments

Guyana Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Guyana nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guyana sightseeing.
Map of Guyana