Tourist Attractions in Guyana

my friend kevin on the walkway
    by c_daisymae

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Guyana

• c_daisymae's Profile Photo

iwokrama canopy walkway

by c_daisymae Written Mar 5, 2007

When we were there, we didn't see any interesting animals.. just lizards near the buildings and macaws/toucans flying in the distance. It was a good place to stop for a rest and to eat our lunch. I am glad i went as i would have wondered what it was like walking up in the trees and to see how the walkway was built.

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Links

by bianchis Updated Oct 19, 2005

Current time
    Tourist Guide
    More facts about Guyana

• Gerry_Crooks's Profile Photo

Georgetown reflected any other...

by Gerry_Crooks Written Aug 24, 2002

Georgetown reflected any other city. People out of work or on very low income begged a lot. Some of the shop owners raised their prices when they saw me 'a white person' come in. They equated me to an American meaning full of money until I told them I was from Canada. Back then, we Canadians were looked upon as the 'poor American' so 'don't waste time trying to get more money out of them'. It got me off the hook often anyway.

• Tips: Do not give your correct...

by ted_sabat Written Aug 24, 2002

Tips: Do not give your correct private address in Georgetown at the airport,unless it is a hotel. The robbers could pay you a visit. Do not flash fancy watches or money about. ALWAYS book with a guide to meet you if possible, it is very safe and much cheaper in time and cash in the long run. Contact tedsabat@aol.com for advise & service.
    Don't pay more than US$70 for any accomodation in Georgetown and US$60 all inclusive (ALL meals included) out of town. Get a good taxi driver and book him each day G$800 per hour. If going into the interior beware that MOST resorts DO NOT have any rain forest, and are a rip -off. There is alot of back stabbing amoungst resorts. Ask for photos of their locations and places to see, and agree of TOTAL price, BEFORE you pay. Report any rip off,s to me and Ministry of Tourism.

Guyana Hotels

Lethem Hotels
5 Reviews - 6 Photos
Cane Grove Hotels

Instant Answers: Guyana

Comments

Guyana Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Guyana tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guyana sightseeing.
Map of Guyana