Arequipa Nightlife

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Split: Cool local bar on Zela Street

by kiwigal_1 Written Mar 18, 2009

Zela Street, Arequipa

On my night out with local girls Alina and Ornelia the first place that they took me too was a local hangout called Split on Zela Street. Split is a bar owned by a Croatian guy married to a Peruvian woman. We drank 6 Cuba Libres between us for only 20 Soles (they got us a deal!) and chatted about life in Arequipa.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Deja Vu: Deja Vu nightclub

by kiwigal_1 Updated Mar 18, 2009

Deja Vu Nightclub by day

During the day I had bought some items at a souvenir shop and the young saleswoman, Alina, offered to take me out in the evening. In true Arequipa style we met at the Plaza de Armas and set off with a friend of hers Onelia, who funnily enough was my waitress at the restaurant we had eaten at that evening. We ended up at the Deja Vu club which had a DJ who played Salsa, Merengue, Reggaeton, Pop, Rock etc. I had an absolute blast with the two girls who dragged me up to dance on the stage with them. I felt a bit silly because I wasn't drunk and they only came up to my chest in height which meant I stood out like a sore thumb! haha.

The nightclub has a downstairs area and also an upstairs terrace.

Dress Code: Smart/Casual

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• cium's Profile Photo

Along Calle San Francisco: Juerga en AQP-dancing, karaoke, pool or night cap

by cium Written May 18, 2008

Enjoying a cosmo at Terrace

Along calle San Francisco, especially the third and fourth block, you will find a vast number of bars, restaurants, karaoke bars and even places to go dancing. For dancing try El Forum or go a few door down from El Forum (I forget the name of the place but is right at the corner of the last block in San Francisco) for a more chill crowd try this much smaller but cooler place.

In the same building where El Forum is (Casona Forum is the name of the entire building), Forum is on the ground floor), there are about three other bars/restaurants. There is an 80s type bar on the ground floor called Retro, on the second floor there is also a rock/pool pub named Zero, and if you continue going up the stairs on the third floor there is another pub/karaoke/restaurant place that offers really cool views of the city called Terrace. Once inside Terrace, if you continue going up some stairs in the end of the place, you will find a really cool lounge that has recently been opened that is smoke free and offers spectacular views of the city as well as funky couches and lighting.

Dress Code: Anything goes, but in some places men are discouraged from wearing sneakers.

• p4trizi4's Profile Photo

SOHO pub Avenida dolores: where are the arequipenos??

by p4trizi4 Updated Aug 19, 2005

In the city center are the gringos, most of the locals go out, but they go avenida dolores, it is a very large avenue full with pubs and restaurants, it will totally show you , other atmosphere than in the city center.
    You will like it , just go there!!! and meet the local people.

The Soho pub is one of the best ,has a good music and nice drinks and a good amosphere. Ask for Gonzalo.

Dress Code: You dont need to pay entry fee. Only to drink some rums for example as for a trica.

• Music

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Yanahuara Mirador: Lots to do even at night!

by richiecdisc Updated Mar 5, 2003

Yanahuara Mirador at sunset

There are numerous bars just up the road from the Plaza de Armas on Calle Santa Catalina. They've adopted the American custom of "happy hour," with drink specials early in the evening. But for my money, I'd rather enjoy the sunsets on the volcanoes that are the natural backdrop to the city. This was from the Mirador (viewpoint) in the suburb of Yanahuara.

• loudness's Profile Photo

Dolores Avenue: Where the locals party in Arequipa

by loudness Updated Jan 15, 2003

A long strip along Dolores Avenue, just five minutes with taxi from the city centre, is filled with nice discos, bars and pubs.
    The atmosphere is really different, mostly because the locals party here. Lots of nice people. It´s also a little bit cheaper.
    Remember to go by taxi because som of the neighbourhood between the centre and this place can be dangerous..
    Go for it!

Dress Code: No dress code, dress down to melt in ;-)

• jcots's Profile Photo

Haven't gone to any, but a lot of people on this

by jcots Written Sep 4, 2004

Nightlife

I did'nt go to it because we were to much tired but we saw a lot of people who was queuing here. A lot of local people. I don't know anything of it.

Instant Answers: Arequipa

Comments

Arequipa Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Arequipa nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arequipa sightseeing.