Colca Restaurants

• Diana_Banana's Profile Photo

Not So Nice Pizzeria

by Diana_Banana Written Jan 9, 2005
    No Thank You

After we went with our group to a local restaurant, we met up with another tourist from Israel at the pizzeria near our hotel. We ordered Sexo En El Colca and we got to play as much pool as we wanted as long as we ordered something.
    The next day, we decided to eat there for lunch since we enjoyed our stay the night before. When we noticed that out meal was missing the meat portion, we asked why that was, and they said they were out of meat. When we asked if we had to then pay full price, our waitress went to "ask her boss" and told us yes we had to. When we began to argue, she then said she would take one sol of because that was how much it was, I went across the street to see how much the amount of meat was worth. It turned out to be worth much more than that. I told her this and then she said that she would bring the meat so then I started to argue with her that she had lied to us about there beig no meat. We were tired of arguing and we had to get back to our group so we paid the price, but wrote down the waitress name and the pizzeria ( I will search through my papers to find it).
    So I did not have a good experience eating there! Do not recommend...

• Diana_Banana's Profile Photo

Not Cheap

by Diana_Banana Written Jan 9, 2005
    SMALL PORTIONS

The food seems overpriced, (probably because of the many tourists). The price for meals in Chivay were neither cheap, nor very expensive. Also, the portions are rather small.

Favorite Dish: They do offer alpaca meat in some meals. So if you want to try something new, there you go. It does not taste much different than beef, however, it is somewhat tough. Although I have not tried it, the trout seems to be a specialty in Chivay.

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

On the Copanaconde Guesthouse: Best Alpaca Steak in Peru!

by darthmilmo Written Oct 15, 2002

There is a lovely restaurant in the guesthouse I stayed at in cabanaconde. I'm sorry I forgot the name, but I promiss i'll look it up in my journals later on. Anyway, I had a tasty Alpaca steak. It was jummy!

Instant Answers: Colca

Comments

Colca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Colca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Colca sightseeing.