Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Restaurants

El Indio Feliz
    Fireplace
    by MicheleyJuancho
    The waitress took our picture

Most Recent Restaurants in Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu

• MicheleyJuancho's Profile Photo

El Indio Feliz: Not to be missed in Aguas Calientes

by MicheleyJuancho Written Apr 13, 2009
    El Indio Feliz

In a town that seemed not to have any quiet, confortable places to sit, and after being under the rain for a few hours, this restaurant felt like heaven. The decor was beautiful, with handpainted wood furnishings, and decorative accents that made it very cozy. We sat near a stone fireplace. There were flowers everywhere. The service was good, and the food was fenomenal. It was the best restaurant experience we had in our trip to Peru. They have the option of a three course meal for $16.00 with several choices, which is a great value because the quality of the food is excellent. We would have certainly eaten there again if we had stayed in Aguas Calientes longer.

Favorite Dish: My favorite were the home made potato chips that came with my food. My husband especially liked his salad that included avocado, potatoes, and apple with a balsamic vinagrette, and all the main dishes were excellent.

• Eco-Tourism

• krissyM's Profile Photo

Tinkuy Buffet Restaurant: Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge Hotel

by krissyM Updated Jul 25, 2008

The Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge Hotel which is the only hotel located on the grounds of Mach Picchu offers a buffet lunch. The price of the buffet is a whopping $25 USD. Considering I ate a three course lunch in Lima for about $2.50 this price is ridiculous. Everyone on the trip was sick so we really didn't have the energy to look around for a cheaper option.

That being said, it was convienient, close and the food wasn't too bad. There offer a variety of Peruvuan and American options.

• kathymof's Profile Photo

Totos: Nice buffet

by kathymof Written Jul 23, 2008

Good food served buffet style. The staff will help you understand what each item it - LOL. It is very near the railroad station - in fact it is right at the intersection where the main road is crossed by the train tracks. The Indian Market is just across the tracks and there is an ATM within 20 feet.

Favorite Dish: Good variety of items - some were very local such as Alpaca. Personally I would rather wear Alpaca than eat it but it isn't bad.

• RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo

Exotic Meats: Baked Guinea Pig or Grilled Alpaca

by RawdgerDodger Written Jan 3, 2008
    Menu Aguas Calientes

I didn't actually try it but I wanted to make people aware of the possibility of trying new foods in an exotic place. In this case a baked guini pig seems to be the specialty. If one reads the menu close enough one will also see that grilled alpaca (like a llama) is also available.

Favorite Dish: Guinea Pig

• Tunqui: Must to avoid!!!!

by oerkenbo Written Jul 10, 2007
    What are those charges on my bill?

Tunqui is just outside the main Plaza in Aguas Calientes and is well-poised to skin hapless tourists. Having said that, if you like small portions, sloooow service, watered-down drinks and especially unexplained additional charges, this is definitely the place for you.

Favorite Dish: Anything that's served there before I die from hunger...

• bsfreeloader's Profile Photo

India Feliz: Be Sure to Make Reservations

by bsfreeloader Written Aug 14, 2006

Locals (at least those without any vested interest) assured me that India Feliz was the best restaurant in town. I liked it so much, I ended up eating there three times. The food was excellent, among the best I had in Peru, and very reasonably priced. The fixed price menu included a three-course meal consisting of a soup or salad (all of which I tried were outstanding), a main course with delicious fresh vegetables and a protein dish (the local trout was my favorite), and desert. Be aware the place is extremely popular. Unless you are willing to eat very early or very late, reservations are essential.

• born.2.travel's Profile Photo

Indio Feliz: Best in Aguas Calientes -- maybe in Peru!

by born.2.travel Written Jul 26, 2006

This place is fantastic. I'm certain that it must be the best reasonably priced restaurant in Peru. My wife and I had dinner at Indio Feliz in early May of 2006. Everything was above our expectations -- and we went there expecting a good meal! I had discovered it while reading about Peru on the web before we went, but I had remembered that it was in Cusco, and I couldn't find it while we were there. We were delightfully surprised to find that it is Aguas Calientes. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we referred our friends (they enjoyed a lunch there the next day.) and we had lunch there the next day also. I ordered the Onion soup with shredded cheese & minced peppers, Quillabamba chicked with peaches in mango sauce, and orange cake (I'm not a cake lover, but this was not ordinary cake.) My wife ordered the tomato soup, salmon trout, and chocolate dessert. All fabulous! The owners were friendly and especially helpful.

Favorite Dish: Orange cake. It is to die for.

• Archeology

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

Pachamama Restaurant

by SirRichard Written Sep 24, 2005

Lunching at the railway

Most restaurants here are a expensive tourist trap, so if you have to eat here (you probably will), just sit in the nicest, but ask for the menu always.

Favorite Dish: I sat in this, Pachamama, as I wanted to experience the train passing so near the terraces while having lunch. It was like being at your dining room and suddenly a train was passing by your side, wierd, really weird, Haha

• Trains

• nenzo's Profile Photo

Pueblo Viejo: Pueblo Viejo

by nenzo Written Feb 14, 2004

Pueblo Viejo

This restaurant has a big fire place in the middle, and typically serves barbecue dishes. Though it has its charm, and the waiters are friendly, it is very expensive compared to the quality of the food.

• mrotsmit's Profile Photo

Pick one: Cuy (Guinea Pig)

by mrotsmit Written May 11, 2009
    Fried

Of course you'll want to try the guinea pig, gross out your friends back home, tell them you hope to eat dog on your next trip, frighten the children...

Favorite Dish: Same

• Zoo

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

most of the restaurants stand at station: don't miss them in main (railway) street!

by cbeaujean Written May 23, 2003

main street and terraces

for all the tastes...
    local food,italian one,even french cuisine!
    vegetarian,pizzas....all you want!

• Trains
    • Archeology

Instant Answers: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu

Comments

Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu sightseeing.

View all Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu hotels