The Cross Keys Pub, Cusco

Know about this? Rate It!

The Cross Keys
    by Paul2001
    a place to escape Cusco
    by richiecdisc
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

The Cross Keys Pub: My Favourite Pub in Cusco

by Paul2001 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys Pub was my favourite of Cusco's many drinking establishments. It basically looks like any other English publike place you might find across the globe that catters to travelers however I found the Cross Keys to be very laid back. The premises are also large enough that even if it is nearly full, you still find a nice quite corner. Most importantly for me, they had satillite TV so I could catch some NFL football while I was there. This seemed to be at odds with other sports watchers since there were few North Americans in the place when I visited for a second time. Europeans just don't get the NFL.
    I ate here but I found my cheeseburger to be rather ordinary. There is a full fledge restaurant also in the building under the same ownership however it is expensive by Peruvian standards.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Cross Keys: an English pub run by an Aussie in Cusco

by richiecdisc Updated Feb 3, 2003

a place to escape Cusco

Though right on the Plaza de Armas, this is a great getaway from the madness of the main square. As soon as I walked in here, I felt relaxed and we wound up spending hours talking to the manager, an Aussie who married a Peruvian and made Cusco his home. I am not a big proponent of escpaping the local scene but sometimes it can be nice. Looks English but feels Australian. Good happy hour prices and the best Pisco sour in town.

Instant Answers: Cusco